making room

Alec is laying on his bed reading, trying to ignore the feeling of loneliness he is feeling from not seeing magnus for more then two weeks.  He sighs, trying to concentrate on his book when, with a flash of blue sparks, a small box lands on his chest. He opens it and pulls out a cream colored piece of paper that smells like magnus. He smiles as he starts to read.

My darling Alexander,

In our closet, I have made room for your horrible clothes that look great on you but I'm sure will look even better crumpled on the floor by the bed (I know you are blushing).

In our kitchen, I have made room for your favorite chipped coffee mug, even though it goes with nothing in the kitchen.

By our front door, I have made a place for your gear and your bow and quiver so that now when you have to go out on patrol, you don't have to go to the Institute first so I can spend as much time with you as I can.

You have the key to my heart will you take the key to our home?

Love you,
Magnus

Alec pulls a small blue pouch out of the box and smiles.

********

Alec quietly slips in the door, looking for magnus,  he finds him on the balcony.

He slips his arms around magnus's waist, nuzzling his neck.

"My gear and bow and quiver are hanging by the door because I want to spend all the time I can with you.  For you, I will buy a new coffee cup.  The only way we can find out how my clothes look crumpled on the floor next to the bed is if yours are crumpled there too."

Magnus turns to face alec, running his finger along his jaw, he leans down and whispers in alecs ear, "tonight, we aren't going to make it to the bed."