please don't leave

"I think you should leave."  Magnus yells at alec, standing in the middle of their bedroom.

"Fine."  Alec yells, grabbing his coat.  "I'll be at the Institute."  He says, turning around and noticing that all three kids are standing in the door way.

"Papa."  Max says, looking at magnus. "Why are you making daddy leave?"

"Max, I'm not."

"You just told him he had to leave."  Rafeal says, putting a hand on max's shoulder.

"He didn't mean it."  Alec says, glancing at magnus.

"Of course I didn't."  Magnus says, picking up a crying magdaline.  "I love your daddy very much."

"Then why were you yelling at each other?"  Max asks.

Alec sits on the bed, pulling the boys to his lap while magnus sits next to him still holding magdaline.

Magnus takes a deep breath and says, "sometimes even when people love each other, they still fight."

"But we've never heard you fight before tonight."  Magdaline says, her head still on magnus's shoulder.

Alec laughs and says, "trust me, we have had plenty of fights."

"Yeah."  Magnus says.  "But we always make up."  He says, smiling at alec and taking his hand.

"What were you fighting about?"  Rafeal asks.

"Nothing you guys need to worry about."  Magnus says.  "Now all three of you back in bed."  He says as they all leave the room.

"So."  Alec says, laying back on the bed.  "You still want me to leave?"

Magnus lays back next to him and takes his hand.

"Magnus?"  Alec asks when he stays silent.

Magnus still not saying anything, rolls on top of alec, leans down and kisses him softly.

"I never want you to leave."