pacing

"Magnus."  Tessa says when he opens the door.  "What's wrong?"

"I need your help."

"With what?"  She asks, sitting on the couch.  "Why don't you sit down?"  She asks when he continues to pace.

"I can't."

"Why not?"

"I am too nervous."

"About what?"  When he doesn't answer she looks around then says, "where's alec?"

"That's why I'm nervous."

"Ok, magnus. What's going ok on?"

"How did you do this?"

"Do what?"

"Deal with Will being out hunts and patrols."

"Do you remember the worn spot on my living room floor you asked me about?"

"Yeah."

"That's how I coped,  I paced all the time when he was gone."

"Did you stop pacing?"

"Yes I did. When my children were born."

"Why then?"

"My children were shadowhunters,  I couldn't let them become afraid of going out to do their job just because I was nervous."

"How did you cope after that?"

"I always made sure he knew that I loved him.  Then when he got home, no matter how much blood and mud he tracked into my house, I always made sure to always welcome him home."

As they both hear a key in the lock, magnus runs to the door and as a tired and dirty alec walks in, magnus jumps into his arms and kisses him fiercely.

"Well, hello to you too."  Alec says, untangling himself from magnus, taking his hand as they walk in.

After that day, magnus always makes sure alec knows exactly how he feels.