unwrapping a present

"Since when do shadowhunters throw parties?"  cat asks as her and Magnus are walking to the institute.

"The invitation said it was for their oldest sons eighteenth birthday."

"Hum."  cat says, thinking.

As they near the institute, magnus's phone rings.  As he reads the text message, he smiles.

"Someone special?"  cat asks.

"No."  Magnus answers, putting his phone back in his pocket.  "Just someone wanting to meet at pandemonium later."  he says knocking on the door.

**********

"Mrs. Lightwood."  Magnus says, shaking her hand. "Thank you so much for inviting me."

"You are very welcome, Mr. Bane.  Thank you for coming.  Please join the festivities."  she says, walking away.

Magnus scans the room then says to cat, "will you excuse me cat, I need some fresh air."  he says, walking toward the balcony.

As he walks out, he softly closes the door behind him.

"You came."  a voice from the shadows says.

"I had to bring you your birthday present."

"Am I going to like this present?"

"I hope so."

"When can i have it?"

"Whenever you are ready."

"How about."  alec says, putting his arms around magnus's neck. "You meet me in my room."  he says, kissing him.  "So I can unwrap my present."

"I will definitely be there." 

**********

"Where is your brother?"  Maryse asks Izzy.

"I don't know mom, I haven't seen him in a while."

"Go find him, he can't just disappear from his own party."

"Ok."  Izzy says, walking away pulling Simon with her.

As they search the rooms on the ground floor of the institute, Izzy mutters, "I don't know why I have to look for him."

"Izzy."  Simon says. "Could he be in his room?"

"That's about the only place we haven't looked."

They walk down the long corridor and she knocks on the door.  When he doesn't answer and after finding the door locked, she draws an opening rune.

They walk in and Izzy tries to hide her gasp but alec notices.

"Whoever you are, please leave." he says, kissing magnus's chest.

"Unless you want to stay."  Magnus says, laying his head back on the pillow.

Izzy smiles then her and Simon leave the room and go back to the party.  When her mom asks about alec, Izzy just tells her that he is opening a present.