Chapter 21

In case any of you are wondering, because I don't want to make the book to long as I want to get onto book 3 because I have a GREAT plot for book 3, I have sped up time in some of my chapters

•••••••••••••

Chapter 21

"Reedkit step forward" Honeystar said. He was the first kit of the litter to be made an apprentice. The ginger tom slowly made his way towards Honeystar.

"Dirtpelt, you shall mentor Reedkit. May you show him your skills and teach him the warrior code" Dirtpelt rose to his paws and walked over to Reedkit.

"Don't worry, I will teach you everything I know" he said. Reedkit squeaked as he touched noses with his mentor.

"Until you receive your warrior name you shall be known as Reedpaw." The two toms stood to one side. "Puddlekit step forward." The small brown tabby she-cat stepped forward. She sat down next to Honeystar and shuffled her silver paws.

"Your mentor will be Frogleap. I understand he is your father but hopefully that won't get in the way of your training" Honeystar bellowed. Cats gasped and started to talk. Nighthawk narrowed her eyes at Honeystar. Nighthawk was ready to have her first apprentice, Honeystar held Nighthawks gaze. The StreamClan leader didn't trust her at all.

"I will train her well, she won't get away with anything" Frogleap mewed touching noses with his daughter. Honeystar flicked her ear.

"Until you receive you warrior name you shall be known as Puddlepaw" she said. Puddlepaw sat next to her brother. Their eyes blazing with excitement. "Now Volekit, step forward" Honeystar said. The grey tabby slowly made his way towards Honeystar.

"Beetletail, are you ready for your first apprentice?" Honeystar asked the old black tom. Volekits eyes grew wide with excitement.

"I am Honeystar" he rasped.

"Then Volekit until you receive your medicine cat name you shall be Volepaw. May StarClan light your paths" Honeystar finished. Volepaw touched noses with his mentor.

"Reedpaw! Puddlepaw! Volepaw!" The clan shouted. Nighthawk louder then them all.

"I wanted to be a medicine cat" a little voice whined. Nighthawk turned to see Frostkit sitting there, her blue eyes sad. Nighthawk crouched down to her.

"Sadly Frostkit, you are going to have to train as a warrior until Volepaw gets his warrior name" Nighthawk explained. The little kit sighed. Frostkit was only three moons old, it wouldn't be long until she was made an apprentice. Frostkit padded away slowly, her black paws scraping the sandy floor. Nighthawk felt a pang of guilt for being harsh to the young kit.

"Nighthawk! We could train with you!" Puddlepaw squeaked running over to her. Nighthawk purred.

"Maybe, I have warrior duties to attended remember?" Nighthawk said flicking Puddlepaw's ear.

"Oh well, it won't be long until we can patrol as warriors with you!" She said. Nighthawk smiled.

"Come on Puddlepaw!" Frogleap called. Reedpaw and Dirtpelt stood next to him.

"See you later!" Puddlepaw called over her shoulder.

"Have fun!" Nighthawk shouted after them. Puddlepaw flicked her tail as she went through the tunnel. Nighthawk sat down and sighed. She closed her grey eyes and let the cool breeze wash over her. It was starting to get colder as leaf-bare was approaching. The leaves had started falling from the trees. Nighthawk had been fearing the worse, Lightningfrost was still gone and StreamClan had been having even more fights with MeadowClan. Fox scents have been getting stronger in the territory's. She opened her eyes and narrowed them, something didn't feel right.

"Adderfang!" She called to the grey tom. He lifted his head up from the fresh kill pile. The black she-cat walked over to him.

"What can I help you with Nighthawk?" He asked her nudging a thrush of the fresh kill pile with his paw, he picked up a minnow.

"Is there any patrols I need to go on?" She asked quickly. Adderfang bit into his fish and swallowed it.

"No, Dirtpelt and Frogleap will mark the borders with Puddlepaw and Reedpaw" he answered. Nighthawk nodded her head. She bounded towards the entrance. She ducked through the tunnel and stood on the sand facing the river. StreamClan camp was located on a small island in the middle of a lake, stream ran through the territory's. The island was the perfect size, it held the camp nicely so there was plenty of room, there was even a large patch of grass towards the back. Nighthawk walked through the water until her paws no longer touched the sandy bottom. She swam towards the pine, oak and birch tree forest what held DarkClan.

She waded onto shore. The StreamClan warrior parted her jaws. She caught the scent of some foxes. She charged after the scent. She ran through some bracken, it snagged at her fur but she pushed on. A mouse squeaked and darted out of her path. There were some low barks. She froze. She angled her ears towards the sound. The barking started again. She dropped into a hunters crouch, her heart slammed against her chest. She crept forward through the bracken. Then it stopped, the pushed a thread of bracken out of the way with her paw. Her eyes widened at what she saw. There were five foxes, they were growling to one another. She couldn't understand them as she didn't speak fox. Soon the foxes started fighting, they were training. Then three cubs waddled up to them. Then the foxes growled to them. Nighthaw didn't need to speak fox to know what was going on. They were preparing for a fight.

*•*•*•*•*

If you have any questions feel free to ask!!! Vote and comment!