Prologue

Prologue

The cats sped through the forest, their paws hardly touching the ground. Birds flew away from the trees in fear as cat screeches filled the cold, damp air. The thick smell of blood was filling up the forest. Blood was oozing from every cats pelt, staining the forest floor a scarlet red. Some cats stopped to looked if any of their clan mates needed help then rushed into the harsh battle. Soulstar watched as the StarClan cats attacked the dark forest cats. Every cat was badly injured but carried on fighting to defeat their enemies. Soulstar was breathing heavily as blood slowly dripped from his snow-white pelt. He watched Strongpaw battle along side Hawkfrost. The two toms had rage in their eyes. More fog slowly filled the battle making the air damper and the ground more moist. Claws raked Soulstars side. He looked to see Mapleshade snarling at him. Her rotten yellow teeth shining like the moon.

"This isn't your battle! Your clans betrayed us by leaving! You don't deserve to fight along side some of the cats you are fighting with." she hissed digging her claws deeper into his white pelt.

"I will fight with them! I still have their blood in my body!" He rasped pushing the she-cat off. But Mapleshade used all her force to pin him down.

"Too bad you won't be fighting with them any more!" She grinned. She was about to make the killing bite but Pinestar of Thunderclan pulled her off and battered her scarred pelt. The old she-cat hissed letting out putrid breath and ran off. Soulstar dipped his head in thanks to the old leader. He was about to jump into battle when Spottedleaf ran up to him panting. She stood their for a few heart beats.

"There is another prophecy." she panted wildly.

"What is it?!" He shouted over the screeches.

"The cats with the power of the clans in their paws will meet. They shall make the stones that lead a path and tell a story, and open their eyes to the tree that holds power and wisdom. Night will bring peace once again with one wish. One more clan shall be brought back and fire will be among it. Lightning will have to forget about the hawk what sends frost and focus on the other bird in the sky and then a destiny will start." finished Spottedleaf.

Then a bolt of Lightning hit a tree, the spark sent shadows dancing in the night. The tree plummeted to the ground, only a few cats' screeches and cries filled the air...

*****

Note from editor: WOW. Just WOW. This book is seriously one of the best warriors book I've ever read so keep reading, you cats ;)

Sorry for any mistakes.