Chapter 50 (Thalia)

Chapter 50
(Thalia)
🔱Roses Are Red, Blood is Redder🔱

"PERCY!" we all yell as he slowly collapses to the floor.  I quickly grab him and hold his head up, shaking his head back and forth profusely to try to keep him awake as his eyes try to roll back, the whites of his eyes a sickly pale.

"Percy.  Percy!  No, no!  Don't you dare close your eyes!" I yell at him.

"Tell Annabeth that I..that I love her," he says tiredly.  "I never imagined-," he starts hacking and hacking till blood drips down the corner of his mouth.  "I never imagined that this would be how it'd end.  Death hurts like a bitch," he laughs before having another coughing fit.  I grab Percy's phone from his hoodie pocket and try to call 9-1-1.

"Thalia, NO!" Jason shouts, reaching up and throwing the phone away from me with his good arm.  "We can't get the police involved!  He has a collapsed lung.  Listen to me very carefully," he says before instructing Piper and Leo to start creating and erasing evidence.  Including taking the prisoner girls out of here and erasing their memories, plus checking the surveillance cameras and erasing any trace of us. 

"Jason!  Please hurry, he's losing a lot of blood," my voice cracks.

"Stay calm, Thalia," he tries to calm me as Percy starts heaving.  "Put him on his side, bullet side down," he instructs.  I do as I'm told, Percy starts cursing like a sailor.  "The gravity will help keep the lung open. Now, take some tape and stick it against the bullet wound so air doesn't get in.  I slowly take Percy's hoodie off of him, leaving him bare chested.

"Fuuuuck!" Percy growls in pain.  I look around and see a big wad of duct tape on the desk, running over I pick it up and run back, taping the bullet hole closed. 

"Shhhh shhh," I press his sweaty forehead against my pajama covered thighs.  "I'm sorry.  Just try to relax," I say soothingly. 

     Taking the tight ropes off the girls, Piper instantly uses her charm speak on them, while Leo starts putting the Beach Bastard gang sign everywhere on the walls. 

"What's..what's going on?" one pale girl asks as Piper holds her up onto her feet.

"Everything is going to be okay," she says confidently.  "You will forget everything you saw of us.  The beach bastards came in and set you free, killing all of Jack's men, you are going to find help as soon as we leave."

"Exactly," the girl says, nodding.

"Leo, you done?" Piper asks.

"Mmhm," he hums hurriedly, putting the blue spray paint back into his tool belt.

"Good.  This is the last girl," she says, ushering her out the door where the other girls are waiting outside, practically naked. 

...

    Once we get to Percy's apartment, I try calling Annabeth with Piper's phone, she won't answer.  Something's seriously wrong with her.  First she leaves in the middle of the night, then she doesn't answer her phone?  Even though she knows we only call for emergencies.  This is not like her at all.  Where could she be? 

     Percy's skin is clammy and pale, his face looking like he's in unbearable pain.  This is all my fault!  At the moment, Percy is lying on his bed while Sally sows at his flesh.  Piper, Leo, and I hold him down tightly.  Jason's sitting tiredly in the corner waiting for his turn.  It took awhile taking the bullet out, in the process, Percy screamed in agony before passing out.

"Fuck.fuckidy.fuck.fuck!" Percy shouts.

"Percy, I never taught you to use such language," Sally, Percy's mom, shushes.

"Mom, I'm being impaled with a curved sewing needle!" He barks back at her.

"Okay, okay," she says soothingly kissing his sweaty forehead.  I get a water bottle and put it to his lips.  He gulps it down greedily. 

"Uhhhhh, Annabeth, where are you?" I think.

...

     Now that Percy's asleep, we all sit on the couch, exhausted.  Sally comes in from his room down the hall and closes the door, making her way toward us with a sigh. 

"He'll live, but this was a very close call," she then sits on the couch and sniffs.  A few seconds pass before she starts bawling into her hands.  Jason, who's shoulder is patched up, and Leo both give her a group hug while I sit awkwardly to the side, I don't know Sally like the boys do so I don't want to overstep my boundaries.  But all of a sudden she holds her hand out to me, I smile and I take it.  She smiles her teary eyes at me and for the first time in a while, for a short moment, I actually feel like I could possibly live the rest of my life.

...

     Just when everyone's asleep the doorbell rings. Leo and Piper both groan and turn over in their sleep and I turn uncomfortably on the crowded couch next to my six foot three inch tall brother. I pull at his pant leg to get him up.

"Mmmmm," he whines and turns, nearly crushing me.

"Jason, get the door," I whine, half asleep.

"You do it," he whines back.

     I grow irritated and shock him with a jolt from my palm onto his spine. He jolts with the electricity and thumps onto the floor. He looks at me furiously as I pretend to have fallen back to sleep. He scoffs.

"Jerk," he says under his breath.

     I open my eyes in annoyance, but close them again and turn my back to him. I hear his footsteps pad over to the door before I hear the piercing sound of the doorbell again before a few knocks are heard. They sound frantic.

"AL-RIGHT!" Jason snaps before I hear him open the door. Silence sounds out for quite some time before Jason speaks.  "Uhh...Thalia?" he calls.

     I annoyedly get up and stumble to the door. When I look up I see a face I never thought I'd see again, a face I fell in love with. I scream before I suddenly feel dizzy, I feel my eyes roll back and I collapse to the floor.