Chapter 39 (Annabeth)

Chapter 39
(Annabeth)
🔱Angel of Darkness🔱
{Present Time}

     I wake with a jolt, screaming my head off before crying my eyes out into awaiting arms.

"Shhhh, okay, everything's going to be okay," she soothes.  I know it's Piper cause I instantly feel like everything will be alright.

"Did we win!" I then shout.  "Is everyone okay?!  And Luke?!" I cry.

"Annabeth, um.." she pauses.  "Percy just called me.  Everyone else survived, but Luke.." she sighs.  "Luke didn't make it."

"No..NOOO!" I scream.  I feel a pain in my chest that I can't describe and scream my heart out.  Tears streaming down my cheeks. 

"No no no, no, that, that wasn't supposed to happen, I..I.  It was supposed to be me!" I sob. 

I scream in pained agony and feel my eyes burn.  I'm crying. I'M SOO-SICK OF CRYING!  I feel my hair swirl around me, my body rising up.  I feel a power and a burn in my wrist as my pupils widen to the outer corners of my eyes until there's only black.  The bed and the room's stuff begin to rise with me.  Books begin rising and swirling around me in a tornado. 

"NO, I CAN'T-I CAN'T, IT HURTS TOO MUCH!!  MAKE THE PAIN STOP!  Make it stop," I finally quite down my sobs, my fingers digging into my temples. 

I become light headed, falling from the two feet I have off the mattress and fading to a blackout. Where I open them again to sea green eyes.

...

"Annabeth.  Annabeth!  ANNABETH!" I hear Percy's echoed voice slowly turn into Piper's.

"Wha-what happened?" I ask in a daze.  I look around, I'm in my dad's apartment and it's trashed.  "Did we have an earthquake?"

"Uh..you could say that," she says with wide eyes.  Suddenly my head hurts like a bullet to my temple as I remember everything that happened in the previous minutes.

"Did...did I do this?" I ask shakily.  Piper nods.  I look down at my wrist and my eyes widen.  "IN ALL THAT IS ATHENA, WHAT THE HELL?!" I then pause, thinking back to Tartarus's words.  'You have till death's hour'...does that mean midnight?..'till everything will change'.

"SON OF A BITCH!" I shout angrily.  On my wrist is a black, burned in symbol, the symbol of Tartarus, chaos, or discord.  A bunch of arrows coming outward from a singular point, vine designs intertwined in it.  "The bite mark!  It's gone! He did this to me, the prick!" I shout.

"You went into full on power mode," Piper says amazed.  "Annabeth, don't you see?  The bite activated your powers!  You have telekinesis!" she smiles excitedly.

"So basically I have a demon's venom coursing through my veins like blood platelets!" I say sarcastically.  Then another thought hits me.  "Luke," I say quietly.  "Oh my gods.  Luke is gone," I softly choke.  I feel Piper's arms wrap around me tightly, but I can't seem to find the strength to hug her back.

"I'm so sorry," she whispers.  I can't believe Luke's dead.  He's gone.  I missed the funeral.  I never got to say goodbye.  I'll never see him again...I didn't get to say goodbye.  I choke out a cry as the tears start to sting my eyes. 

...

     A few days pass and I still don't feel like getting out of bed, but I need to use my legs for more than getting up to use the bathroom.  My tattoo won't go away no matter what I do.  It even burns through makeup, showing brightly through with its black charcoal like markings.