Chapter 51 (Luke)

Chapter 51
(Luke)
🔱All That Matters🔱

I gasp violently as I jolt awake. I look around.  It looks like I'm in a charred rowboat. The fire still crackles in the wood and sparks a glowing orange in the blackened pine. What-the-fuck?! I'm covered in black char and I'm practically naked, my clothes and a cloth wrapped around me nearly burned to ash. I look around, I'm against land, a forest? I look at something I feel wrapped around my finger. A marriage ring?

"Thalia!" I remember and nearly hit my head on a low branch as I shout her name aloud. "I need to get back to Thalia," I think sternly. Did I die? If so, there must have been a funeral. She must have put this ring on me to symbolize our love, how..well, passionate of her.

I start walking, it takes hours before I find a small trailer park. A woman in her forties hangs up wet clothes on a line. She's wearing shorts that show off way too much ass cheek..ew. I wait till she goes back inside her trailer before I run over and grab some men's blue jeans, some black boxers, and a man's white v-neck. The clothes are a little small on me because of how wet they are, but I manage as I race through the town barefoot. 

     I have to get to Camp. How long have I been out? Did I really die? If so, how am I here? Uhh, I can't worry about that right now! All that matters it that Thalia is somewhere out there alone, thinking I'm dead!  Again!  I then see an old man sitting on a porch.

"Excuse me, sir?" I ask.

He looks up at me up and down before smiling a wrinkled smile, "What can I do for you, young man?" he asks.

"What year and month is it? I know this is hard to believe, but I've just gotten out of a coma."

"Uh,"...he looks at me questioningly with an eyebrow raised. "It's September 17th," he then coughs before telling me the year.

September? Well, that's why I've been so cold. I've been gone a month? Thalia has been without me for-a-month! Two thoughts go through my mind, her committing suicide or her moving on without me. They're completely opposite of each other yet both equally, horrifically unimaginable. Although I'd rather have her move on than be dead, I'd still kill whoever laid a romantic fingertip on her! I shake that thought off and thank the man before running into the town.

...

Thalia wasn't anywhere at camp. I scared people out of their skin cause I had come back from the dead for the second time. Chiron calmed everyone down, telling them to put their swords down.

"Where is she?! Where's Thalia!" I shout at him.

"She's with Annabeth in the city if I'm not mistaken," he says sternly. I run past him into the big house to pack a backpack filled with money, clothes, and necessities before running to catch a bus to New York City where I'll finally be reunited with my Thalia.

...

     The bus ride there is long, and once I get there I bolt out into the street without paying by mistake, but I don't care. I race down the street to the address on a little piece of paper in my hand, Annabeth's address. Once I get into her building I see the elevator's broken so I race up the flight of stairs. I pound on the door which makes it open by itself. Someone must have forgotten to close the door all the way. When I walk in I don't even bother looking at the fancy decor.

"Thalia?!" I shout.

I head into a girl's room one with a white and black theme. I look around, Annabeth's photos are on the walls, this must be her room. I then head into the one with the most black and definitely feel Thalia's vibes in here. I can smell the scent of her hair and body wash in the air. I slowly walk over to the bed and lay against it, I pull the covers to my nose and inhale. They smell just like her. Gods how I miss her.