Chapter 65 (Percy & Annabeth)

Chapter 65
(Percy)
🔱Not Safe🔱

     Putting my arms tightly around Annabeth from behind, I put my chin on top of her head as her curls fly everywhere with the wind.  I feel her smile softly before folding her fingers against my forearms.  Everyone is with their other half as Luke steers the boat back to the mainland so we can do some site seeing.  And more importantly find out the gender and father of Thalia's baby.  Luke is certain it's his.

"OH MY GODS!!!" Thalia shouts.  We all look back at her in a panic.  "I felt movement!" She says, eyes wide, putting her hand to her stomach.  Luke puts his hand to her belly and his eyes go wide.

"Oh my gods, let me feel!" Annabeth rips out of my arms to my dismay and dashes over.

"Me too!" I say with a smile, jogging over.

"Geez guys, one at a time," Thalia smiles.  I can't help but notice that it's a sad smile.  I'm guessing she's still worried about wether or not it's Alec's. 

     Annabeth puts her hand on Thalia's belly and waits.  She then screams with excitement before hugging Thalia.  I then put my hand...and I'm surprised by a pressure, like a forceful popcorn carnal popping. 

"They're so strong," I say in surprise.  Luke is smiling from ear to ear with pride.  "Do you think it's a boy or girl?" I ask both Thalia and Luke.  By now everyone's surrounding us. 

"I honestly would be happy with whatever gender, but to be perfectly honest I'd really like a boy." Luke pulls Thalia in by the hip.  She smiles sadly up at him before looking at me. 

"It doesn't matter to me," she says, her smile obviously fake in my eyes, but no one else seems to notice, except Piper, who can feel emotions.  We both smile at her for encouragement.

...

     There's a, what I can only describe as a glamorous, shiny, white, mom van waiting by the docks on the street when we get to the mainland.

"We're going to be late for the appointment if we don't hurry," Luke says gleefully as we organize ourselves in the car with him behind the wheel. 

     After looking at the beautiful streets out the car window for awhile, I see that we've pulled up into the doctor's office parking lot.  I can tell Thalia is nervous and anxious about what's to come as I look at her, Luke seems too excited to notice.  Both of them are going to head in while the rest of us are going to do some sightseeing, but Thalia stops Annabeth.

"Hey do you mind staying..you know, for support?" She asks her nervously.  Annabeth looks at me as if to ask if I'll be alright with out her and I smile and nod.  I pull her in and give her a loving kiss goodbye before I join the others and turn a corner, walking down the street.

(Annabeth)

     I'm excited and nervous for Thalia and Luke.  What if the baby isn't his?  He's so confident that it is.  I just don't want him to be disappointed, but it's pretty obvious he's going in with expectations.  Being called into the examination room after some time waiting, some tests are done by a doctor who's name I can't remember cause I'm too nervous.  I can't imagine what Thalia's going through.  We explained the situation for the doctor so she wouldn't look at Thalia like 'how dare you cheat on this beautiful man'.  She's had her eyes on him since he stepped into the room, but of course he's oblivious. Once she comes back with the DNA results we all hold our breath.

"Mr. Castellan, congratulations.  You are indeed the father," she smiles. 

     I think Luke is about to faint from happiness as he grins from ear to ear.  While Thalia and I are beyond the point of relief.  He hugs her and kisses her all over her face.