Chapter 71 (Percy and Annabeth)

Chapter 71
(Percy)
🔱You and Me🔱
{A month later}

     At the moment Annabeth and I are laying in my bed taking an afternoon nap.  Well, more like she's taking a nap and I'm staring at her like a love drunk creep.  Her blonde curls fall perfectly against the pillow, her lips are red and pouty as she breathes deep.  I smile dopily down at her.  Her baby bump is on full display, showing a bit more every week and I can't help but feel pride.  I did that.

     We are engaged.  I asked Leo to make an ocean inspired ring to represent me with a moon stone gem to match Annabeth's eyes.  It reflects the colors it's facing too.  It's almost as perfect as she is.  Our wedding is tomorrow, Piper and Aphrodite planed the whole thing within a month and I'm honestly pleased and slightly unnerved that they were able to do it.  Annabeth and I would have been fine with just eloping and taking a cruise to Fiji, but everything is ready for tomorrow.  Kissing Annabeth's forehead, I untangle my limbs from hers and get out of bed.

"I'll be back in a few minutes, wise girl," I whisper before heading out the door and closing it behind me.  But when I turn around all the boys, Piper and Hazel are there..with huge smiles on their faces.  I raise an eyebrow. 

"May I help you?" I ask with a laugh. 

Jason and Luke, who are in the middle, separate to reveal GROVER!!!  Before I know what's happening I attack him with a hug.  Then I feel something big come up from behind, pulling me out of Grover's arms into bigger beefier ones.

"BROTHER!" Tyson shouts.

"Dude!  I haven't seen the both of you in forever!  What are you guys doing here?!" I ask as Tyson nearly crushes my spine with his bone breaking hug.  "Can't breathe," I huff out a laugh.  He puts me down.

"Sorry," Tyson smiles apologetically.

"I wouldn't miss my best friends wedding!  Speaking of which, congratulations," Grover smiles wide.  "Where's Annabeth?  I want to see her too."

"She's taking a small nap, but I'm sure she'll wake up soon," I smile. 

     I'm so happy to see Tyson and Grover.  It feels like it's been forever since we hung out.  Although, Grover and I send each other handwritten letters, updating each other with what's been going on in our lives.  All of a sudden he stomps on my right foot with his hoof.  I shout in pain and hop around on one leg, making everyone laugh.

"That's for getting my best friend pregnant," he says with a smirk.

"Again," I correct in my head, but don't speak aloud.  "I thought I was your best friend," I tease through the pain.

"You both are, which is why I'm not calling all the forces of nature to murder you," he smiles.

"I thought we were safe!" I say dramatically.

"I know, I know, you told me in your letters," he groans, waving me off.

"We thought Grover and Tyson could be a part of the wedding," Piper smiles.

"Of course they can!" I exclaim.  "Wouldn't have it any other way!" I say as I hug them both again.

(The next day)

"You look stupid," Grover laughs.

"Not any more than you do, goat boy," I chuckle.

"I'm a satyr.  When do I ever wear a tie?" Grover smirks.

"Gentlemen, may I offer my assistance?" a man in a suit says from the door of my cabin.

"Dad," I say with surprise.