Chapter 40 (Percy)

Chapter 40
(Percy)
🔱Paralyzed🔱

Jason's on the couch and Leo's on an inflatable bed in the living room, they literally played rock, paper, scissors three times in a row before Leo finally won the bed, but only because fire ball melts scissors. I didn't want to partake. Right now, the bathroom's super crowded as we wash our faces and brush our teeth, the usual teenage routine. Leo puts on the old-timey radio in the corner and 'BABY' starts blaring through the speakers.  Leo starts singing it.

"Baby, baby, baby ohhhhh like, baby, baby, baby nooooo like, baby, baby, baby ohhhhh!!!!" he sings. Jason and I both groan with our toothbrushes still in our mouths. "When I was thirteen I had my first love. There was no body who compared to my baby and no body came between us or ever came above," he continues.

     I quickly spit into the sink before slamming down the toothbrush and angrily turning off the radio, looking at Leo with fury as he smiles like a sly cheshire cat up at me. I know he's just trying to distract me from my depression mood swings, but singing Justin Bieber like we're at a twelve year old girl's sleepover isn't going to help me. AT ALL!

"You bring that wannabe gangster back in this house one more time and I will murder you," I growl.

"SHE HAD ME GOING CRAZY!!!" he starts, shouting with a smile as he runs down the hall.

"Hey! Get back here you little weasel!" I shout as I race after him.

"OH I WAS STARSTRUCK!"  I pounce on him from behind and we land on the floor. "STARBUCKS!!!" he screams into the carpet.

As soon as he hears Starbucks, Jason's laugh is herd from the bathroom, loud and clear. My mom comes in with a pink robe and bunny slippers before turning the light on, looking sleepy and dazed. Leo and I both freeze where we lay, looking scared before innocently smiling. She can't help but smile back tiredly and chuckles.

"It's three o'clock in the morning, John Cena," she smiles at me, then looks at Leo trapped underneath me.

"Sup Mrs. J," he smiles. She rolls her eyes and shakes her head.

"Call me Sally, sweetie, now both of you, AND JASON," she shouts so he can hear from the bathroom, "are going to bed."

"K," we both say, smiling big at her. I don't know how much longer I can keep this act up in front of my mom, it's getting extremely tiresome.

She turns around and gives us peace signs as she walks down the hall, "Good-night."

Standing up, I push Leo in the shoulder playfully before heading to my room. Passing Jason, he's only wearing some gray boxers.

"Put on some pants, ya nudist," I comment as I pass him.

"Put on a shirt, team Jacob," he shoots back.

"Ha.ha funny," I roll my eyes.

Closing the door, I look at the box of a messy room that looks like it was packed in a hurry. I don't think my room has changed much since that first night Grover, mom, and I fled the apartment and Gabe to take me to camp and start the biggest adventure of my life, I'm still on it technically. I land in the small twin bed, my head facing the window to the fire escape that I used to sneak out of so many times. Turning to my side, my thoughts travel and a flash of Annabeth enters my mind, I close my eyes tightly and clench my teeth. Ever since I left her side I've been having extreme stress and tonight is no different.

"How is she doing? Is she awake yet and if so, how is she feeling. Does it hurt? Is she still mad or is she just sad? Is she thinking about me? Does she love me anymore? Feelings don't just disappear like that, do they?" I think all during the night. I can't sleep, the bed is too empty. I'm paranoid, have anxiety, and depression with out her in my arms. I look at the digital clock on my nightstand, four thirty, the numbers glowing red at me. Damnit.