Chapter 62 (Luke)

Chapter 62
(Luke)
🔱Congratulations🔱
MATURE CONTENT

I sweat nervously, straightening my prom tuxedo and bow tie for the hundredth time. Percy, Jason, and Leo are in mismatching tuxedo and bow ties as well, trying to keep me from having a heart attack. I ask if Calypso will attend and Leo looks down in shame.

"She..uh, I'm afraid she won't be. She says congratulations, but she doesn't want to be near me right now," he says. I frown at him with sympathy.

"I'm sorry, man, that must be tuff," I say patting him on the back.

"Shall we get started?" the pastor asks. We're all not very religious, but something or someone gave me a second chance at life, so-yea, a pastor. I don't think Thalia minds. We texted them the address and they sent back a smiley face.

"No. They're not here yet." I say, begging for more time.

Percy looks at his watch, "They should have been here fifteen minutes ago."

"Would you like some water while you wait?" The pastor asks. My throat is dry from nervousness.

"Yes, I would love some," I smile politely. He goes around a corner, I'm guessing to the churches kitchen, then comes back with a water bottle in his hand and hands it to me. I drink half in under two seconds.

"Luke," Percy says in front of me, eyes wide with a happy smile.

     I turn around, the bottle still attached to my lips. I begin choking on the liquid as it goes down the wrong pipe. The image of Thalia..in a beautiful black dress..is breath taking, literally. The girls are in beautiful matching blue dresses that match our rings as they come down the isle. My mouth's open in shock, Thalia chuckles as she approaches me, taking my hand and shutting my mouth for me.

"We can start now," I say smiling widely. The pastor blows out a breath of relief. As if to say finally, but in a polite way.

"Dearly Beloved, we are gathered here today in the presence of these witnesses, to join Luke Castellan and Thalia Grace in matrimony commended to be honorable among all; and therefore is not to be entered into lightly, but reverently, passionately, lovingly and solemnly. Into this, these two persons present now come to be joined. If any person can show just cause why they may not be joined together, let them speak now or forever hold their peace." We both look around, no one says anything as they smile wide at us. Thalia and I giggle as we hold both of each other's hands.

"I, Luke Damien Castellan, take you, Thalia Bellathorn Grace, to be my wife, to have and to hold from this day forward, for better or for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish; from this day forward until death do us part." Thalia smiles wide at me, her eyes filled with love.

"I, Thalia Bellathorn Grace, take you, Luke Damien Castellan, to be my husband, my friend, my faithful partner, and my love from this day forward. In the presence our friendship family, I offer you my solemn vow to be your faithful partner in sickness and in health, in good times and in bad, and in joy as well as in sorrow. I promise to love you unconditionally, to support you in your goals, to honor and respect you, to laugh with you and cry with you, and to cherish you for as long as we both shall live."

"You may now-"

Thalia takes me by the bow tie and yanks me into her lips, dipping me like the girl in the relationship. I laugh into the kiss.

"Kiss the bride," the pastor finishes with a chuckle. Everyone cheers, but I can hardly hear them as Thalia's velvet lips discontent and reconnect from mine.