cincuenta y uno

"So there's this contest in our school where people who sing or play an instrument can participate.It's actually every year...well whatever so the thing is that I've music class every week and my teacher Mrs. Lennington told our class to participate.I wasn't really fond of it at first but she was encouraging me a lot and I started playing more and more with my guitar.So I started writing songs and my teacher told me to perform one of them at the contest because there'll be important people from record labels who'll watch the contest and if I'm lucky enough they'll see my talent and talk to me....who knows.",he ranted nervously, fiddling with the hem of his shirt every now and then.

"Wait are you for real?Why didn't you tell us you can sing?",Seth asked completely confused.

"I was scared you'd be ashamed to hang out with me I guess.",he shrugged looking at the ground.

"Bro what the fuck is wrong with you?We are your friends obviously we'll support you in whatever you do!I mean that's what you'd do for us too!",Jamie exclaimed hitting his arm playfully.

"We will definitely watch your performance,you can count on us.",Colbain winked causing us all to chuckle.

"But now we want to hear a little teaser!I mean we don't want you to sound horrible at the show am I right?!",Seth joked.

"Oh god no...",Harvey tried to shake it off but we were all excited to hear him sing so he finally gave in.

I mean yes I already heard his beautiful voice but I feel like I could never get enough or even tired of it.

***

"She has a way of
Pushing up on me whenever she walks by, oh yeah
Swears it's an accident, but
Every now and then I think I see her smile, oh yeah
Is it my imagination
What I'm reading between the lines, oh yeah
And I don't know if she's playing
But I ain't the one for wasting time, oh yeah

And I don't know if she's just flirting or playing platonic, yeah
But one thing I do know, she messing around with my mind
And if I make a move, I don't know if I'ma regret it, yeah
But that's it 'cause I know she one of a kind.",Harvey sang so carelessly while his eyes were closed.

I was smiling the entire time watching him closely while Mar kept staring at Harvey and me once in a while.I was confused as to why she actually did that but I brushed it off not really caring since Harvey was sharing once again a new song with us.

We all cheered after he finished the short lyrics as a smile crept up on his flawless face.
"This is really short I know but I don't want to give you guys too much since I'll perform it at the show.",he laughed.

"That was amazing bro wow you can actually sing!",Jamie yelled shocked.

"I honestly feel like you wrote this about a special someone.",Colbain smirked which caused him to get hit by Harvey.

I didn't really understand but somehow everyone else did.

"About who?",I asked curious.

"Oh hun you're so innocent and stupid.",Mar shook her head patting my head right after the words left her mouth.

"Thank you, you're such an amazing and honest friend what did I do to deserve you I don't understand how I could get so lucky!",I spoke sarcastically.

"Oh come on every single one of us got it, even Colbain and you don't get it at all?",Mar laughed.

"Wait what's that supposed to mean?",Colbain questioned.

"Let's forget it and watch another movie guys.",Harvey laughed nervously pushing everyone to their seats.

And I was still as confused as before...maybe even a little more confused than before.

***
[a/n: hope you liked it, always happy about Votes and comments🌻💛]