This Is It

I shoved my last under my bunk. A pair of arms wrapped around my waist. "Only 2 days before the summer of our lives start." I turned in his grip, wrapping my arms around his shoulders lazily. "How will I survive without you?" He rolled his eyes at my sarcastic comment. "You did it for the first 15 and a half years of your life." I giggled. "I didn't know you then dumbass." "Cody hurry up!" I chuckled and pressed my lips to Cody's quickly. I felt him smile against my lips. "See you in 2 days." I pulled back and watched Cody jog off my bus.

"I can't believe we're actually going on tour." I looked up from my phone. "Say it one more fucking time and I'll throw myself off this moving bus." Rem gave me a confused look. "You've said it 4 times in the past hour." Em snickered at us. I turned my attention back to the cellular device in my hand. I scrolled through my Instagram feed, finding a picture of Shay and Cody. Shay has been posting these pictures everyday and each time she'll tag Cody and I in it. It pisses me off so much. "I never thought I'd be so mean. Never thought I'd be alone at nineteen." I have my brother's new song stuck in my head. "Taylor posted us singing that song on YouTube. It already has 144 likes in 2 days." I high-fived the closest sibling. "I love that song with everything I have. And the fact that it relates to me on a personal level makes it so much better." Rem gave me a sympathetic look. "Lia are you okay?" I nodded, lying is easier than admitting I should get help. It's also less humiliating.

I breathed in deeply, only to have it knocked out of me. I groaned, my eyes blurring from the impact of my head against the ground. "MAXX STOP TRYING TO KILL MY GIRLFRIEND!" The blonde got off me and held out a hand for me. I took it and stood up, swaying a bit on my feet. "Someone go get a medic. Maxx don't fucking do that again." Maxx apologized over and over until a medic pushed him out of the way. He checked my head and smiled after he was done. "She's going to feel dizzy, but there's no concussion. Here's some medicine, please more careful." He packed his stuff up and walked away. "Lia I'm so sorry." "Maxx stop it. I said it was fine." I kissed his cheek and moved my head around to find Cody. I found him talking to Mark Hoppus. I mentally squealed, Mark fucking Hoppus. He looked away from the singer and toward me, smiling when he saw me. He beckoned me to come to him. I jogged forward, stopping when I reached his side. Mark smiled at me. "This is my girlfriend, Amelia Kropp. Amelia, I know you know who this is." I blushed and stuck my hand toward him. He grabbed it and pulled me into a hug. "Nice to meet you." He pulled back and a wide smile fixed itself on my face. "Nice to meet you too." "What did the medic say?" "I'll be dizzy but no concussion. Go apologize to Maxx, he didn't know I'd fall over." I pushed Cody toward his guilty drummer. Cody trudged over and I saw the two talk before hugging. "I've never seen someone makeup that quickly." I turned my attention to Mark. "They've known each other for almost 2 years. Maxx has helped Cody through thick and thin." "What about you? You seem fond of him too?" "The boys welcomed me to the boarding school we go to. I had just lost my best friend and a few months after, my mom. Things have gotten better, but they never fail to make sure I'm okay."