There Isn't A Word

I collapsed onto my dorm bed, tears pricking my eyes once more. I have cried more tonight than I have ever cried in a lifetime. I hadn't told Maxx, Dan, Cody or Zach what happened. Remington, Emerson and Sebastian were the only ones there to comfort me in the hospital. I didn't look up when the dorm room door opened, it's really late. About 2:30 in the morning. "Why're you still up?" Maxx is accompanied by Cody, which only makes me want to cry more. I wiped the tears that had fallen away and turned in my bed, not speaking. I didn't sleep that night.

A knock on my door is what pulled me out of my depressed state. Maxx and Cody left early this morning, not even bothering to see if I was awake or asleep. I pulled open the door, well aware that I looked like shit. The boys who comforted me stood in the door way, wary and cautious expressions on their faces. I didn't say anything, just went to go sit back on my bed. They let themselves in, shutting the door behind them. "I'm guessing you didn't tell the others." The softness in Emerson's voice startled me, I had no idea why. "No, I couldn't bring myself to do it. They don't need to worry about me." Their faces went slack and I knew I said something wrong. "Lia, you just lost your mom they definitely need to know and worry." I felt more tears well up in my eyes. It hurts more than when Simon died, she's really gone. "Aw no, don't cry." Remington got up and pulled me into a side hug, a broken sob escaped my lips. I heard a key jiggle in the lock of the room, I couldn't care less. The door swung open and in came four unexpecting boys. "Why is she crying? Why'd you do!" I jumped, I didn't like the loudness. "Will you keep it down?" Sebastian's voice is rude and threatening. "I want to know why she is crying and surrounded by you guys." Remington's grip on my waist tightened, as if he was expecting me to pulled away. I opened my mouth to say something, only a sob coming out. Emerson got up from his seat on the floor, crouching in front of me. "Tell us who we can call or what we can do to make you feel slightly better."

His arms are placed on my half naked legs. "Get Dr....Dr. Way." That was all came out through my sobs. I heard door open and close once more, the only sound is my attempt to breathe. "Someone just tell us what happened!" I screwed my eyes shut, I wanted nothing more than the floor to open and swallow me whole. The arms on my legs were moved and I felt a pair of cold hands grips my arms, tightly I might add. "Amelia I need you to tell me what happened." The voice is so comforting, yet intimidating. The door opened again and the hands were lifted from my arms. "Only five minutes from the school, and we weren't notified! Amelia." The familiar voice came really close to me, I didn't know his position because I had my eyes closed. "Do you have any other family that would be willing to take you in?" I shook my head. Sean couldn't take me in, he hated me and my Aunt hated me as well. She hated kids in general. "Shit, so close to the holidays too. Remington I need you to call your mom and tell her to call me as soon as possible. I don't want her to go to any classes the rest of the week and I want at least one of you three boys in here at a time. You four are excused from any missed lessons." I opened my eyes, no tears were threatening to spill. "She says that she'll call you during her lunch break." Dr. Way thanked Remi and left the room. Remington had been replaced by Sebastian and Emerson when he went to go talk to their parents.

"Lia? Can you please talk to me? I've never seen you this broken up over something." Cody's voice rang through my head and I looked up. "My mom died in a car accident last night. 5 minutes from the school. And right in front of me."