Me W/O Us

"Lia!" I looked from the backstage of the stage. Rem pushed me forward, a huge grin on his face. I walked out, earning a few cheers. I was on before Set It Off, I sang Be Somebody by Thousand Foot Crutch. "You know that last year I wrote a song about Shay. Well here is my song to you." I leaned against the pillar that held the ceiling up. I looked into the crowd, smiling at Frank and Gerard, they both winked at me. "It seems there’s always something in the way. But when we started I made it clear it might be this way. People molding stories, and it’s always outta hand. They love to fuel the fire till we burn at both ends." A smile grew on my face. I love his voice so much. "Baby have faith in me. When I can’t be next to you. I can’t heal the pain. When hearsay can change the truth. So don’t you believe in a single thing. Unless it’s from me when I say. There’s no me without us. There’s no me without us." Tears stung my eyes and a hand flew to my mouth. "They’ll try to drag my name through the dirt. But if you don’t mind a little mud then no one gets hurt. But you, you fuel the fire, your love, it fuels the flames. But if we show our ears are burning then we burn at both ends. Baby have faith in me. When I can’t be next to you. I can’t heal the pain. When hearsay can change the truth. So don’t you believe in a single thing. Unless it’s from me when I say. There’s no me without us. There’s no me without us. There’s no me without us (us). There’s no me without us (us). And when I get home. I’ll show you what I said I’d do. Pin you to the bed, show you who is your man. And with our lips colliding, it sparks the clearest chemistry. And when we lock in, then you’ll understand." The crowd cheered and I felt my cheeks burn. "That babe if you leave me. You’re stealing my heartbeat. Over things we can’t control. And babe if you leave me. I’m running on empty. Don’t make me live this life alone. 'Cause there’s no me without us. There’s no me without us, oh. There’s no me without us (us). There’s no me without us (us). Don’t you believe in a single thing. Unless it’s from me when I say." The music stopped and I ran forward. I wrapped my arms around his neck and I pressed my lips to his.

"Lia!" I turned around in the hallway. Rem, Em and Seb moved toward me, trapping me in a hug. "Keep him." I laughed through my tears. I'm still blubbering like a baby from Cody's song. "I sent Mom the video of his song. She's crying." I laughed again, breaking away from the hug. "Lia!" I recognized Cody's voice at once. I practically flew into his arms. "Hey baby." "Why don't we go back to our room?" I smirked into his chest. "I'd like that." I pulled away, taking his hand instead. "I'll be back later." Rem raised an eyebrow. "Don't worry Rem, I'll be fine." Cody and I bolted to his room, shutting and locking the door. Our lips are locked in a battle, teeth grinding and tongues colliding. He slipped his hands under my shirt and I shivered under his touch. He placed little kisses on my neck and my exposed collar bone.

I woke up to a dog licking my face. "Max I hate you so much right now." Cody giggled from next to me. I opened my eyes. "Hey beautiful." I breathed in deeply. "Hey." He kissed my forehead and got out of bed, a pair of sweats hanging loosely on his hips. "Did you already shower?" He nodded, pulling a shirt from his closet. "I'll take a quick one." I got out of the bed, kissing him quickly.

I zipped my shorts up, smiling at my reflection in the mirror. If you moved my shirt, you could see the hickeys on my collar bone and lower. The bathroom opened and I smiled at Emerson, who is leaning on the doorway. "Hey Em." He hugged me, kissing my forehead. "Is that Cody's shirt?" "Perceptive." He ruffled my damp hair and handed me a beanie. "Want to go for coffee?" "Sure, let me text Cody." I shot the male a quick text and grabbed my shoes. It's finally starting to warm up and I couldn't be happier. "Rem and Seb will meet us there." Em followed me out the door and waited while I locked it. "I heard your talking to Shy."