Love Birds

"I can't believe it..."

I was with Jade and Kay. We were all seated at a small table in Panera and they were completely up to date on all of the latest happenings.

"You seem so calm about this," Kay said.

I shrugged,"I'm freaking out, don't get me wrong, but I just know that it will work out. It has to."

Jade smiled softly,"But is that enough?" Her hand enclosed around mine and gave it a squeeze,"There is a large possibility that it won't work out. You know that right?"

I sighed,"I understand where your coming from, but I've never felt this way about anyone. In all seriousness, I'm in love and I'm positive that he is too. The only obstacle right now is this. We will get through it."

"I really admire your positive outlook Katie, but aren't you at all concerned about this not working out, at least, for a long long time?" Kay questioned taking a bite out of her sandwich.

"Yeah," my voice felt empty as I spoke,"That's a large fear of mine but my faith is bigger than my fear on this one."

-----------------

The next few days, sadly, flew by. I spent as much time with Nathan as I could but my professors had other ideas. I had papers and projects left and right.

On Friday night, the day before Nathan had to go there was a knock on my apartment door. No, Janelle hadn't been around a lot, so I knew it wasn't her.

I opened the door and gasped. Nathan stood there with flowers and a bright smile,"Mind if I stick around?"

I smiled too,"Of course. I just have to finish my conclusion!" I opened the door wider so he could come in.

I sat on the couch to finish my paper and I could hear him messing around in the kitchen. "Hey, what are you doing in there?" I asked loudly over the noise.

"Something." Nathan responded.

Later he came in with a vase for the flowers and a platter of chocolates. I hadn't even realized that he brought chocolates too. "Wow!" I said as he set everything on the coffee table.

"Wow is right," he leaned over and kissed my head. I leaned into the kiss and closed my eyes. It felt so good to be around him like this.

He sat beside me and wrapped his arm around my shoulders. "Can I change this?"

I looked up at the TV, which was on the news,
and nodded.

He flipped to, what looked like, Jurassic World. "That's one long conclusion," Nathan said after a while.

I laughed,"Stop watching me!" I continued to type as his nose brushed against my jaw. He planted sweet kisses down my neck and I had to stop typing for a minute because I could hardly breath,"Nathan I've got to finish this," I said even though I really didn't care and I knew he wouldn't either.

In fact, he picked up the laptop, in between kisses, and set it on the table. He began kissing my mouth with a sense of urgency that I had never felt before. My body fell back, into the plush couch, under his pressure. My heart was beating faster and faster as the kiss grew and grew. Nathan sucked on my neck, which made me moan slightly. His hands were so soft as they ran over my sides. His sandalwood  cologne filled my senses. His prefect lips worked wonders against mine. How I adored this man.

"Go... to ... my room," I said in between kisses.

I could feel his smile against my own,"You sure?" He asked breathlessly and I nodded.

He picked me up and carried me down the hall to my room. I was thanking the Lord that I had cleaned up earlier.

He set me down on the bed and climbed on top of me. He ripped his shirt of, exposing his glorious six pack that was accentuated by his glowing, tan, skin. He leaned down and kissed me passionately. His tongue grazed my mouth and I opened for him. A few kisses later, my shirt was taken off and we were both almost completely naked. My fingers tangled themselves in his wavy hair. Our breathing became shaky as everything heated up. I could hear his heart pounding as my hands ran up and down his chest. His hands grazed my inner thigh and I sighed.

"I need you," I whispered against his jaw.

He groaned as he flipped us over,"Really?"

I nodded and my eyes locked with his. He was so ready for this.

"I don't want you to feel forced."

I cupped his cheek,"I'm ready."