Four - Gio-metry

I dedicate this chapter to Starry_Serenade because she has an awesome username and especially because she made me the awesome character banner on Chapter 3. Woohoo Lilian! THANK YOU!

Please click vote if you at least felt like Gio- older than most kids in his grade and can't do anything about it.

diba - right

-----

It was Monday, November 30, 2009. Everyone just got back from Thanksgiving weekend. During the holidays, Meira's mother decided to bake for the first time, and it was a bad attempt. Her caramel glazed chocolate cake was so hard to chew, that Meira's teeth still hurt.

At 7:45 in the morning, Dontae, who got suspended for disrupting class two weeks ago, was all smiles. He was now dating Bri. She was hotter than Lilian. Dontae had told everyone that it was he, who broke up with her and not the other way around, but everyone knew Lilian dumped him because he cheated. However, Bri didn't care. She was so confident that she was flaunting a new D&G purse. Whether she got it from Dontae or her own part-time job—she worked at Forever 21—Meira didn’t know; she also didn’t know if the bag was real or bootleg.

 Fastforward to fourth period, Meira's lunch time. Meira winced from the pain of her aching teeth as she ate a chicken sandwich. She watched Diane and Missy switch from whispering and swooning over John Markus who was about eight tables away.

"Isn't he sooo sexy!" Missy said as she took a stolen shot of John with her new smartphone. Though Missy was only sixteen, she babysat old people for money. She had the newest phone and the trendiest clothes.

Meira stiffened. John is not hot, no! That douchebag! Must. Fight. Desire to roll my eyes... 

"Mei, I wish I had fifth period Geometry with you," Missy said as she made googly eyes at John's picture on her new phone. Missy was a freshman even though she was older than Meira by a year, which means she had Algebra.

"Wanna trade?" Meira kidded, "I hate that class..."

Gio, an FOB boy, was also sixteen and wished he was a sophomore. When Meira mentioned that she was fifteen and a sophomore on the first day of school, she noticed the confusion in Gio's eyes. The boy even wrinkled his forehead. Meira later found out that Chicago Public Schools didn't award him enough credits to be a sophomore. But Gio went to an exclusive boys' high school in Makati. What more did they want?

At first sight, Meira's impression of Gio was a silent, intelligent boy. And indeed he was because in two months he showed Meira that freshman Algebra came easy for him. He deserved to be in Geometry class. NO, he deserved to be in Honors Geometry class.

She ate silently for a while until she saw Jake Shields make his way to John's table. Except for Jake's Eastern European background, he was no different from John. Which is why it didn't make sense that Meira's jaw dropped at the sight of him as she held her sandwich in front of her mouth.

Jake was of medium height, had pale blonde hair and a toned body. His hair was always perfectly tousled, and he always wore Hollister and Abercrombie. Who was she kidding, the boy was gorgeous. Like a Greek god...

"Oh my God! Oh my God! Oh my God!!!" Diane and Missy's squeals brought Meira back from Jakeland to earth. Her two friends couldn't hide their exuberance over the two goodlooking boys. Who could blame them? If Meira had little self-restraint she would have allowed herself to join in. Meira grinned at the silliness of her two friends and this made Missy turn to her.

"So who do you think is sexier, Meira?" she asked. Her two friends were now looking at her. Diane was even mouthing the word John behind Missy.

Meira gasped at the suddenness of the question; so she cooly said "Jake is hot." She tried hard to sound casual when she said that. She also hoped her flushed cheeks weren't apparent.

"Ahhh... So you like blonde sexy boys huh?" Missy teased.

“Leave me alone Missy...” She wanted to say, but she just smirked hoping it would shoo her friend away. Even if her teeth hurt, Meira would rather eat a chicken sandwich than have that conversation with Missy.

"B*tch, I don't care what you think." Diane interrupted. Meira was taken aback by her friend's language. And she said it casually. No one had ever called her a b*tch before, but she was also thankful for Missy's attention wasn't on her now. "John Markus is the hottest boy in the world for me. Diba, Missy?"

"Nah biatch, Jake is hotter," Missy said. Then her phone vibrated. "Guys, cover me as I take Roy's call."

"No problemo, bestie" Diane said as she casually ate her nachos.

Meira's shoulder tensed; she looked around for the nearest security guard.

Diane giggled, "Mei, you're gonna get us caught."

"Oh! Sorry," Meira said as she relaxed. Missy was still talking to Roy, so Meira decided to think of a random topic to talk about. "So what happened to Rina?"

"Rina's getting her tonsils out today." Diane answered.

"Oh, okay..."

Rina was the last FOB girl who was still in a long distance relationship. Meira was so jealous that one afternoon when Rina was videochatting with her boyfriend she sounded so bitter. Unconsciously she was mentioning "Oh, so he's far away?" and "He's in the Philippines right?..." over and over.

Meira didn't stay long. It was clear that Frank, Rina's boyfriend, didn't want her to be around. Meira wanted to say sorry because she didn't mean to be rude. Rina didn't notice, but her boyfriend did. In the end she decided not to say anything and left; she felt like a third wheel anyway. 

Sitting in the lunchroom, remembering that moment made Meira upset. Once again her loneliness began to resurface. Thoughts of Andrei preocuppied her again. If I didn't mess things up, would Andrei and I be videochatting every afternoon? Would he wake up early every morning just to talk to me?...

She knew she would stay up all night for him...

It was his birthday three Tuesdays ago.

"I hope you had a good one..." Meira murmured to no one in particular.