32: Spa Day

"We hope you enjoyed your time with us, Mrs. Aaron." My spa attendant asks as I put on my shoes.

"Yes, I did. Thank you." I smile at her as I stand up from the chair and then follow her out of the room to the main reception. I make payments for the various treatments I had done.

I admire my nails as I walk from the building to the parking lot at the back. It's dark now and there only three cars in the parking. The white BMW is mine and the other two have tinted windows.

I dial Daniel's number as I get into the car.

"Hey!" He says, picking up.

"Hi!" I greet him. "What are you two up to?"

"Hazel's having dinner and I had to review a presentation for tomorrow. How was your time?"

"I didn't realize I missed the spa until today." I sigh as he laughs at the other end.

"Are you headed home?" He asks.

"Yes. Just got to the car." I reply, starting it. "But what became of the whole Alan and co. situation?"

I hear him sigh. "You didn't stop thinking about it, did you?"

"How can I?! They contacted me! So, it's basically as much my problem as yours now!" I cry out, hitting the steering wheel and accidentally honking the horn.

"Look, my lawyer contacted theirs during our meeting at the house and they said they'd stop bothering us and stick to our prior agreement of not using each other's personal contacts. If they do it again, we take them to court. Everything's sorted out."

"Okay." I heave a sigh of relief.

"I'm going to wait for you and we'll have dinner together." He says.

"I'll be right there."

"Drive safe."

"Always do." I smile at the empty parking ahead of me. "Bye."

I set my phone on the passenger seat and drive out of the parking. I have a half an hour drive back home, so I put on some music and relax, reminding myself that the afternoon's drama is behind us now. I focus on the little dinner date I'll get to have with Daniel once I get home.

I'm half way home when I check my rear view mirror and startle a little. The traffic was light throughout the drive so I know for sure that the car behind me is the one from the spa parking lot. I remember the 'three left turn' rule, so I decide to test my theory.

Three turns later, the car is still behind me and I start to panic. I try speeding up to lose it but the empty roads play to the driver's advantage. I try taking a surprise turn to lose the car but instead it comes up right behind me and nudges my bumper with its nose. But the hit is so hard that I lose control of the steering wheel and then a violent jerk vibrates through my body after which I blank out.

Comment! Comment! Comment! Pleaseee! I'll really appreciate your feedback!!

-T