28: School Visit

Hazel and I are on our way to one of Hazel's potential schools that Daniel and I want her to go to. It's a private coeducation school in the outskirts of Pasadena. Both of us went to private schools so that's what we decided for our daughter as well. The biggest reason why we picked this particular school is because they have excellent academic record but they also focus greatly on building character and encouraging children to pursue what interests them.

The driver stops the car outside the visitor's entrance. I get out and walk over to Hazel's side to unbuckle her out of her car seat. While I'm doing this, Daniel pulls up behind us and joins me as I straighten Hazel's frock and take her hand.

The drivers take away the cars as we walk into the visitor's lobby. We give our names to the lady at the front desk and she asks us to take a seat while she fetches the person in charge of admissions.

"How are you feeling?" Daniel asks Hazel who is sitting between us.

She looks up and smiles shyly at him, so he asks. "Are you scared?"

She nods as he puts an arm around her and leans down so that their heads are the same level.

"You're a brave girl." He tells her, kissing her cheek.

"Sorry to keep you waiting." A woman apologizes walking into the room.

I stand up to shake her hand. "I'm Emma Aaron" I motion towards Daniel, "This is my husband and this is our daughter, Hazel."

"Hazel! What a pretty name!" She exclaims bending down to smile at Hazel who replies with her shy smile. "Let's take this to my office, shall we?"

Once we're all seated in her office, she asks us a few questions about Hazel, her routine and any activities she's involved in. Then we ask her about the school, the teachers and other students. After about half an hour, she pushes back her chair and stands up.

"How about a tour of the school?"

"Do you want to look at the school?" I ask Hazel and she nods, excitedly.

The headmistress takes her hand and leads the way out of the room and into a hallway that I saw when we came to her office. Hazel and the headmistress walk ahead of me and Daniel, talking about the classrooms and Hazel's interests.

All the buildings are state-of-the-art and perfectly furnished. They have a cafeteria for pre-school children and a separate one for the older students. The school has an amphitheater, an auditorium, a two level library and other facilities for students to use.

But the one thing that excites Hazel the most is the swimming pool, it's much bigger than the one we have at home and at the club where she takes classes.

The delight is evident on her face as she takes everything in and walks back to the office with us. We thank the headmistress for her time and let her know that her school is on the top of our list already.

When we're back in the parking lot, Daniel buckles Hazel into her car seat and then kisses her head before closing the car's door to face me.

"I promised Hazel I'd take her to McDonald's after visiting the school. Are you free?" I ask him.

He sighs and shakes his head. "No, I have a meeting in twenty minutes with some managers. I'm sorry."

"It's okay." I say, pulling him into a hug. "We'll miss you though."

"I know. I wish I could join you." He says as I pull away.

Hazel knocks on her window telling us to hurry up.

"Well you have fun with your managers." I smirk at him and he rolls his eyes at me, making me laugh.

I give him a quick kiss before saying goodbye and walking to my side of the car and getting in. I instruct the driver to take us to McDonald's.

Filler chapter! Had to update because it had been only four days since I last updated but it seemed longer. Not too proud of this one but here it is! :)

Read, Vote & Comment! Leave lots and lots of comments telling me what you think, please!

- T

P.S. The next chapter will be much more interesting!

And THANK YOU FOR 2K READS! LOVE YOU ALL!