〖️chapter 22〗️

Y/N'S POV

i slowly wake up to the sound of a machine beeping and people talking. before i had the opportunity to open my eyes, i feel someone's tight grip on my hand and a distinct pain coming from my stomach, devouring my whole body.

although it's an effort, i forced to open my eyes and i realized that I'm in a hospital room. i see jeongin on my bedside holding my hand and chan sitting beside him.

i feel so tired and drained. my body feels weak and my stomach aches so much. i dont even know why.

"j-jeongin?" i stuttered, enduring the pain im feeling.

jeongin and chan quickly lift their head to see me. they look so tired. they have dark rings underneath their eyes. i suddenly feel guilty.

"y/n!" jeongin shockingly said and hugged me carefully, making sure that he's not touching my stomach.

"finally you're awake." he whispers and i feel him smile.

"I'll call the doctor and bring the other boys." chan offered. jeongin pulled away and nod at him.

"what happened-- argh!" i asked as i seat straight carelessly and the pain strikes again.

jeongin immediately helps me.

"be careful. don't force yourself. you don't remember?"

"n-no? why? what hapened to me?"

"you got shot by a gun. you caught the bullet for minho."

"i really dont remember. im sorry."

"it's ok. dont force yourself to remember what happened." he reassures and smiled.

chan got back with the doctor and the other boys. the doctor took a quick check up on me.

"doc, how is she?" jeongin asked and the doctor smiled.

"she's doing alright. it's a good thing she's already awake. she'll fully recover after a week." the doctor answered. he bowed before leaving the room.

"y/n!! you're awake!" seungmin said happily and ran towards me but jeongin stopped him.

"be careful, dude." jeongin said seriously and seungmin nod. he walked towards me carefully, making me laugh.

"guys, let me ask a question. how long was i asleep?" i asked curiously.

"almost a month." woojin answered, leaning on the frame of the door.

"w-what?!-- argh!"

"yooo, you cant shout. you'll hurt yourself." jisung said, concerned.

i looked at the boys' faces and i feel like someone's missing. felix.

"guys, where's felix?"

"well, that is..." changbin said, not finishing his sentence. i started to get anxious at this point.

"tell me where he is, changbin cmon."

"he um. he like uuhh. he bought something in the convenient store nearby. yeah he bought something. i just remembered." changbin stuttered. and i immediately thought that he's lying.

i looked at each of their eyes and they all look away from my stare.

"guys, where's felix?"

"ugh. let's just tell her." minho gasped and sat down on the couch carelessly.

"y/n." jeongin said softly and held my hand.

"he went to australia with his parents."

i dont know how to feel at this point. i felt incomplete. i felt empty. tears started to escape my eyes as those words came out of jeongin's mouth.

"w-why didn't he tell me first. he didn't even wait for me to wake up."

i held back my tears for some time but couldn't take it anymore. i suddenly felt pain throughout my body and cried it out. my stomach hurts terribly.

jeongin came closer to me and pulled my head gently to his chest.

it hurts so much.

"jeongin" i cried and burried my face deeper into his chest.

he stroked his fingers through my hair and i felt him kiss my head.

"im here for you, y/n. i love you."