〖️chapter 1〗️

Y/N's POV

i was currently flipping channels mindlessly on the television, sulking on the couch when Seungmin suddenly appeared beside me. "Hey, what's wrong?", he asked and messed my hair.

"im fine" i answered him and gave him a smile.

he grabbed the remote from my hand that made me look at him. "obviously, you're not. im your bestfriend and I've known you since we were kids. do you think i will fall for your im fine?"

"ok, fine. im not ok" i spilled, sinking deeper into the couch.

he looked over me and stared at me weirdly. "it's about jeongin again, right?", he took a deep breath and pulled me closer to his chest. i sobbed quietly, gripping onto his arms.

"just let it out. im here to listen", he comforted me as he wrapped his arm around my smaller frame. his hand traveled up my head, stroking my hair gently. he sat there quietly, not saying a word, lending a shoulder to cry on.

ever since jeongin left, seungmin was the only one there to comfort me. whenever im having a shitty day, he's always there to make me laugh.

he said he'll be back but he never came. ten years had passed and im still waiting for him, dying to see him.

"look how silly you are, why do you always cry over jeongin?"

"i was heartbroken."

"i was too. but it's been 10 years."

"and in those 10 years, i never stopped wating for him. i always think that i wasn't good enough"

i sniffled and mustered the courage to look at at him he grabbed a tissue and wiped the stray tears on my cheeks.

he held my chin up, "listen, you are a freaking amazing person and you are a blessing in my life. dont let anyone else, including yourself, tell you otherwise."

i sat up straight and looked at him in the eyes. "im sorry, im being an idiot right now"

"why are you sorry towards me? y/n, you're the most talented, and smartest person i know, you should give yourself credit for that. best friend or not, i will always be here for you and listen to what's on your mind. so stop thinking about jeongin from now on."

i gave him a smile and hugged him tightly. "you know what, you're right. maybe i should forget about him and focus on studying first."

he pulled away and smiled at you widely. "that's right. now, cheer up will you? i hate seeing you like this, it breaks my heart."

"it breaks your heart? ew that's the cheesiest thing ive heard in my life"

"whatever. get dressed up, we're going to the amusement park."

"why all of the sudden?"

"to sobber you up"

>>---▷♡

Seungmin's POV

y/n and i were walking around the amusement park. her face is screaming with joy and laughter but i know she's still hurting.

jeongin left to study in the US and promised that he'll be back. but he never came back. we were so heartbroken, especially Y/N.

"Seungmin!" y/n called out for my name making me look at her, her face greeted me with a wide smile, making me smile.

"are you happy now?"

"yes, thank you. but i wanna go on the roller coaster. let's go ride it pleeeaseee?"

"you know im afraid of heights"

she sighed and carelessly walked away.

"haaaa... ok ok. let's go ride the roller coaster."

>>---▷♡

while we were on the line to enter the roller coaster ride. my phone vibrated in my pocket, indicating that i received a text message.

from: Minho

bro, Jeongin is on his way back to Korea.