Back Story Pt.2

AN: Here you guys go, I felt like you guys deserved another chapter. Things are gonna get pretty If you see any spelling errors be sure to tell me. How you guys like the new book cover? Personally I love it. Don't forget to vote, comment, and share with your friends. 

Jennifer's POV:

Me: Wanna come over?

Arielle: Right now?

Me: Well whenever today. If you want to come over you can.

Arielle: Is this a booty call?

Me: YES.

Arielle: ...

Me: I'm joking, but I'm bored so can you please come over?

Arielle: I'll be there soon.

--------------------------------------------------------------

I was waiting for Arielle to come over when my phone rang.

I looked at the screen and saw that it was my father. I was debating whether to answer or not, but then I realized he would probably only call me if it was something important so I picked up.

"Hello?" I said into the phone.

"Hello Jennifer." He said

"What do you want?"

"I want you to come back home."

"For what, so that you could force me to go on dates with random guys. Thanks but no thanks." I said to him.

"Jennifer I did it for your own good, you don't understand-"

"No you don't understand, I am not some sort of sick person that has a disease. I am not going to start seeing guys, because I do not like guys. So please do not call me ever again." I said and hung up the phone.

I threw my phone down on my bed and laid down on my bed. Trying to prevent my mind from going to a dark place, but I couldn't. I couldn't help but let the thoughts of what they did to her from flashing through my mind. And then I felt guilty for letting them do it to her.

An hour later my doorbell rang. I reluctantly got up and opened the door. Upon seeing Arielle's face it made me feel a little better, but it still wasn't enough to get me out of the place that my mind was in.

"Hey Arielle, come in." I said and allowed her to come inside. I went to sit on the couch and she sat next to me.

We were sitting in silence for a while until Arielle asked "Whats wrong?"

I stayed silent and then she questioned further "Does it have something to do with your parents?"

I was shocked at her assumption and asked "How did you know?"

"When you took me to that beach house...and whenever you mentioned your parents...there would be this look in your eye." she answered.

I sighed and looked at her, realizing that she deserved to know what happened. She had told me about what happened to with her and Mason, and we hadn't even been together, when she told me. Her telling me had been a sign of trust, she trusted me enough to tell me that. So it's only fair I tell her this, to show much much I trusted her.

"When I was 16 I had this girlfriend...her name was Steffanie." I looked over at Arielle and saw that she was listening to me intently, so I continued. "She was my first girlfriend, she was the one that helped me realize that I was gay.

I kept her a secret for most of our relationship. She didn't mind being a secret. I didn't want to keep her one I just... I just didn't know if my parents would accept our relationship. But one day I realized that she was too good to be kept a secret so I invited her over to my house for dinner so that she could meet my family. So she came over, at first my parents adored her, but, once I told them that she was my girlfriend they were livid. They told her to leave and forbade me from seeing her. But I didn't listen, I continued to see her."

I couldn't help the tears from falling from my eyes as the memories flowed through my mind, but I tried to keep it at a minimum.

"I had no idea what my parents were doing to her...to her family. They... they hired someone to shoot her dad, ... to scare her to stop seeing me. They didn't mean for him to die, but he did, he ended up dying a few days later...but when it happened she didn't tell me but... I should've noticed the change in her behavior. She wasn't as outgoing and she always seemed sad, but I didn't say anything, I just blamed it on her having a bad day." I chuckled humorlessly. "But that was dumb of me, because who has a bad day everyday for a year."

I took a pause. "One day, I went over to her house, unannounced, and knocked on the door, but no one answered, which I should've found weird at the time, but I didn't. Luckily I knew where the spare key was...well maybe not so lucky because I was too late. When I went to the bathroom in her bedroom, I saw her in the bathtub, she looked pale...lifeless. She was in a tub filled with her own blood. I called the ambulance, but I was too late. If I would've been there a little sooner...I could've saved her."

"Jennifer...you can't blame yourself, you wouldn't have known..."

"Well I could've known if I had just asked her if she was okay. If I wasn't so selfish and stopped seeing her when my parents told me to, maybe she and her parents would still be alive."

"But that's why I cut off all relations with my family, I talk to my little sister once in a while, but that's about it. My parents... they're bad people, they'll do anything to get things the want... even if it means the life of another person." I continued. 

She stayed silent so I looked over at her and I saw that she was thinking hard so I asked her "You have a question?"

"Yea, uhm 2 actually... you said that they only hired someone to shoot her dad, but what about her mom?" she asked quietly.

"She became an extreme drug addict, and started abusing her."

"And what about your parents, did they...go to jail?" She asked.

"No...the guy they hired went to jail, but he didn't tell the cops that he was hired."

She looked over at me and enveloped me in a hug, for some reason I couldn't stop the tears from flowing and soon I was having a breakdown in her arms. She didn't push me away, she didn't rush me. She just held me in her arms and let me cry until I fell asleep.