The Talk

AN: First I would like to say thank you guys so much for 100 followers it means a wholeeee lot to me. Thanks for reading up to this point, if you have any thing to say please don't be scared to message me. If you find any spelling errors throughout this chapter please do not hesitate to tell me. (I lowkey rushed doing this chapter). And lastly, don't forget to vote💚

Arielle's POV:

I was currently at my locker getting my books for first period. I felt someone tap on my shoulder and looked and saw that it was Jaylin.

"Oh hey Jaylin." I said to her.
"Wow you sound happy to see your best-friend that you haven't hung out with in years" she said.
"Sorry Jay, I just haven't been feeling well." I replied.
And that was the truth. Ever since the fortune teller I haven't been able to sleep properly, worrying that someone was going to stab me or something.

"Are you sure that's it?" Jaylin questioned.
"Yea...what else would it be?" I asked.
"Arielle you don't have to play dumb with me, Jennifer told me what happened with the fortune teller." She answered.
"Okay. What about it?"
"Are you going to give her another chance?" Jaylin asked.
I let out a sigh and said "I don't know." and closed my locker.

Jaylin stayed silent for a while and said "I think you should you two were like made for each other."
"No Jaylin we weren't." I said and started walking to first period.
"Whatever I'm just saying." She said, finally letting the subject go.

We walked down the hallway and passed by Mrs.Dixson.
"Good-morning Jaylin. Hi Arielle." Mrs.Dixson said.
"Hello." Jaylin and I both said in unison.
Mrs.Dixson smiled at us and continued walking.

"What was that?" Jaylin asked.
"What was what?"
"That look Mrs.Dixson gave you when she said your name." She answered.
"There was no look." I responded.
"Arielle I know damn well you know what look I'm talking about so cut the bullshit and spill." Jaylin said.

I took a deep breath and said "Her and I kinda...kissed."
"What when!?" Jaylin nearly yelled.
"Shut up you're drawing attention." I said to her.
"Okay, sorry but seriously when?" She asked in a much lower voice.
"It was actually twice we kissed so..." I trailed off.

Jaylin didn't say anything for a while so I looked over at her and saw that she had her mouth hanging open.
"Close your mouth it's not that serious." I said to her.
"Not that serious? Arielle that is serious. You're turning into such a..." she stopped trying to find the right word.
"Slut?" I asked.
"Slut." She said nodding.

"But seriously you don't even like girls like that. Unless...if you were actually lesbian this whole entire time." Jaylin said.
"No, I'm definitely not lesbian. At least I don't think I am. I don't know. I don't even like any girls like that it's just..." I stopped my sentence.
"It's just that you feel some sort of feelings for Jennifer." Jaylin said.
"Yea but I don't know why it's her, why couldn't it be Paige, or even you, why her?" I asked.
"I can't answer that Arielle only your heart can." Jaylin answered.

I let out sigh.
"It's okay Arielle you'll get through it." Jaylin said putting her hand on my shoulder.
"I hope you're right." I answered. We finally got to my classroom and I said "This is me."
"Bye Arielle, come over to my house after-school."
I nodded my head and went inside my classroom.

--------------------------------------------

It was after-school and I was heading to Jaylin's house.

I wonder why she wants to talk to me. I thought to myself.

I parked inside her garage and walked over to her front door. Her house was pretty small compared to mine, but there was a cozy feeling to it.

I knocked on her front door and was greeted by Jaylin's mother. Jaylin's mother was basically like an older looking Jaylin. She was in her mid 30's but she looked like she was in her 20's.

"Hello Arielle, long time no see." Said her mom.
"Hey Mrs.Murphy." I said offering my hand out for her to take.
"Oh Arielle why are you acting as if I haven't known you for years." She said, pulling me into a hug.
I wrapped my arms around her, hugging her back.

She let go of me and stared at my face and said "You get more beautiful every time I see you. Would you like to come in and have something to drink?" And moved her body to the side allowing me to step in.

"Uh no thanks, actually I was here to see Jaylin." I refused politely.
"No worries, she's in her room."
"Okay thank you Mrs.Murphy." I said to her and headed upstairs to Jaylin's room.

The door was open so I just walked inside and saw Jaylin on her bed doing her homework.
I knocked on her door so that she could realize I was there.

She looked up and said "Hey Arielle come in and close the door please."
I did as I was told and sat at the foot of her bed.
"So what did you want to talk about?" I asked.
"You." She answered.
"Me?" I asked.
"Well more specifically you and Jennifer."
I rolled my eyes at her and was about to stand up from her bed but she grabbed my wrist, stopping me.

"I know that you don't want to talk about it Arielle but you need to. You need to face reality. You need to realize that you do care for Jennifer, and even though you're pushing her away it's not helping anything." Jaylin said to me.

For some reason once I heard that I couldn't help the tears the flowed down from my eyes.
"Come here." Jaylin said pulling me down next to her and wrapping me in her embrace.
"I-I do like her...a lot Jaylin, b-but Mason might do something to her." I choked out.
"Don't worry Jennifer can take care of herself." Jaylin said.
"B-but what if something happens to her because of me?" I asked.
"Jennifer wouldn't blame you Arielle, and trust me nothing's going to happen. You guys are both very strong people you handle Mason, but only together." Jaylin said looking me in the eyes.

I nodded my head and said "Okay, I know what I need to do now. Thanks Jaylin."

"Make me proud Arielle." I heard Jaylin say as I was opening the door , leaving her room.

I just smiled at her and made my way out of Jaylin's house , to go to her.