Consequences

AN: Sorry I haven't updated in a while guys, I've just had so much summer work😒. Thank you so much for reading up to this point! If there are any spelling errors please tell me so I can fix them. Also if you have anything to say about the book ranging from criticism to ideas feel free to tell me. I hope you guys enjoy this chapter and don't forget to vote💛.

Arielle's POV

It was finally 8th period, which meant that I finally got to go to Jennifer's apartment, and I was honestly shitting myself. What if she notices the hickey and asks who gave it to me? Should I tell her the truth or lie? I mean telling her "Hey, Mrs.Dixson and I almost had sex and the hickey was a result of that." right when I enter her apartment would be dumb.

"Hey Ari do you wanna come over to my house?" Jaylin asked interrupting me from my thoughts.
"Nah, I can't today I have to...go shopping with my sister." I lied. For some reason I didn't want to tell Jaylin that I was blowing her off just to go and see her cousin.
"Oh, really? All right then."
"Yea, I'll just FaceTime you later." I said to her.
"Alright, bye Arielle." She said and the walked away.

Great, now I feel bad for blowing off my best friend. I thought to myself.
----------------------------------------------
"So how was school?" Jennifer asked.
"It was fine." I answered. I was currently in Jennifer's apartment trying to look not to suspicious with a turtle neck on to cover up the hickey.
"Really?" She asked suspiciously.
"Positive..." I answered her.

She moved closer to me on the couch, making no space between us.
"Why are you wearing that turtle neck?" She asked.
"Because I was...cold?" I answered.
"You were cold?" She asked and I nodded my head yes.
"Arielle what are you hiding underneath that turtleneck?
"Nothing...why would I be hiding anything?" I asked growing nervous.

"So if you're not hiding anything, you won't mind taking of the turtleneck then."
"What?" I asked like I didn't understand what she said.
"Take. Off. The turtleneck." She said.
"Oh yea...okay." I said.

I started to slowly lift off the turtleneck, but stopped when it was about to uncover my neck.
"What's stopping you, Arielle?" Jennifer asked.
"Nothing my arms just got...tired." I made up.
"Really? Well you should hurry up." She rushed.
"Alright." I whined.

Might as well get this over with. I thought to myself as I lifted the turtle neck off of me completely.

I prepared myself for Jennifer asking me "Where did I get that hickey?" and "Who gave it to you?" But those questions didn't come, it was just complete silence.

She just sat there staring, looking between me and the hickey.
"Explain." She finally said.
"What?" I asked confused.
"I said explain." Jennifer said.
"Well-" I started but then she cut me off saying "And don't give me that dropped my flat iron excuse because your hair isn't straightened today."

"Well Ms.Rose-" I started but then she cut me off again and said "Annabelle did this?! I swear the next time I see her-"

"No she didn't! Can you just let me finish my story and I'll answer your questions later." I said to her.
She nodded her head so I continued.

"Ms.Rose sent me to the vice principal's office and one thing led to another and...this happened, but I swear it wasn't my fault." I said.
"Did you touch her?" Jennifer asked her voice breaking.
"No, not at all. At first we were just talking and then she just started kissing me and... I'm sorry Jennifer."