Realization

AN: Here's another for you guys! If you see any errors make sure you tell me so I can fix them, I didn't really read over this chapter. Make sure to vote, comment, share, all that stuff. 

Jennifer's POV:

I was sitting in my classroom, it was second period and I had a free period with nothing to do, I was pretty anxious for 4th period because the only text I got from Arielle the whole weekend was "I'm home." I tried calling her but it was just ring until it went to voice mail, and whenever I texted her she wouldn't answered. Feeling a little tired, I got up to go to the teacher's lounge to make myself a cup of coffee. I was actually surprised when I first used it and the coffee came out good. So I got up and headed to the lounge. 

When I opened the door I came face to face with the person I least wanted to see. 

Annabelle.

She just looked at me and smirked saying "Excuse me Jennifer, you're in my way."

I quickly went inside the lounge and closed the door behind me, leaning on it to block her way out.

"I'll let you leave but I have a few things to say to you first."

She stayed quiet, I guess waiting for me to continue.

"You really have the nerve to tell Arielle that I don't care about her. That I'm just going to use her and throw her away. Did you really think that telling her that was going to make her stop seeing me, because news flash Annabelle, it didn't and it wont. Arielle knows that I care for her, and she cares for me, so quit it and leave us alone." 

"Do you really care about her?" Annabelle asked, sounding like she didn't believe me.

"Of course I do, why would I lie about that?" I said.

"Because if I recall correctly didn't you also care for Emily? Actually scratch that, you loved Emily.  And what happened to that relationship? Oh right you broke up with her when you found another person to prey on. I actually care about Arielle, that is why I told her all the things that I did, to help her. Jennifer I have known you for 2 years, you think that I don't know how you are with relationships. I do not want to see Arielle hurt." Annabellle answered.

" I only thought I loved Emily. And I do care about her Annabelle, and I will never hurt her, because I love her." I said and stormed out of the teacher's lounge.

When I reached my classroom I shut the door and went down to my desk and put my head in my hands. It was only then that I realized what I had said to Annabelle. 

I told her that I loved Arielle.

Did I truly love Arielle? Was what I thought for the next 2 periods until it was fourth period, which meant that I would get to see Arielle. 

I heard the bell ring so I got up and made my way to the door to greet my students as they walked in. 

When Arielle walked down the hallway I realized Paige wasn't next to her, which meant that she was probably absent and when she passed by me she flashed me a smile, but I could tell it was forced, so I did the only logical thing I could.  

"Arielle stay after class please." I told her, she only nodded her head and sat down.

Throughout the whole class Arielle was just looking out the window, not paying attention. And it truly hurt me to see the girl I love so sad and not being able to go over there and comfort her.

Shit I said it again.

Soon the bell rang, and just like I had asked Arielle stayed in her seat, while the rest of the kids left. So I got up, closed the door and sat in the desk adjacent to hers.

"Arielle, what's wrong?" I asked gently taking her hand in mine.

She didn't say anything but instead took a picture out of her purse and handed it to me.

I cautiously took it in my hand and looked at it, shocked at what it was.

It was a picture of Arielle and I kissing in my classroom.

"Arielle...where did you get this?" I asked, my voice shaking.

"On my way home yesterday, Mason gave it to me." She said quietly.

"Did he hurt you?" I asked concerned. 

She shook her head no and said "He just told me that if I stop seeing you, and never talk to you again, he'll give me all the pictures he has, which I doubt but he won't show the ones he has to anyone."

"So this is why you looked so sad..." I said to myself but she heard and responded saying "Of course I am, because obviously we're going to do what he said because this is your job on the line and that means we'll have to stop seeing each other." 

"Arielle I'm not gonna let this picture, or any pictures destroy what we have because I lo-" I stopped myself before I could finish the word and cleared my throat. "like you, and you're too good to lose."

I enveloped her in my arms and when I pulled back a little and saw the smile on her face I realized that I did in fact love Arielle Agostinelli, the girl that at one point was my mission to have sex with, and the girl that is now my student.