Revealing the Truth

AN: Hey guys! Thank you so much for reading up to this point🖤. Also thank you guys for 500 votes! If you have anything to tell me about the book ranging from ideas to criticism please feel free to tell me. If you like this chapter be sure to vote! If there are any spelling errors in this chapter make sure to tell me so I can fix them! Anyways I hope you enjoy this chapter😘
----------------------------------------------

Jennifer's POV:

It was now the beginning of February. Right now I was inside my car with my cousin next to me. She asked me to drive her to her friend's house. And once we stopped in front on a large mansion I could guess who the friend was.

Arielle.

I parked the car near the mansion and Jaylin and I both got out and headed over to the front door. Jaylin rang the doorbell and waited. 2 minutes later I was surprised to see Arielle open the door. She looked at Jaylin and the looked at me shock written all over her face. Arielle stepped aside and let us in. Jaylin and I walked inside and Arielle closed the door behind us.

"So what did you guys need?" Arielle asked us.
"I needed to ask Adrianna for something and she decided to tag along." Jaylin said.
"Alright. Adrianna is in her room."
"Okay." Jaylin said and the left towards the stairwell.

Arielle turned her attention towards me. "So you decided to just 'tag along'?"Arielle asked.
"I wanted to talk to you." I said to her. Arielle nodded her head and then went towards a different stairwell. We went up the stairs and opened up the door to her bedroom and she went and sat on her bed. I closed the door behind me and sat next to her.

"So what did you want to talk about?" Arielle asked.
"Us." I said simply.
"What about us?" Arielle asked innocently.

Arielle had been acting different every since the kiss on the ferris wheel and had been somewhat avoiding me for give or take 2 months. Now, I'm not saying what we did on the Ferris Wheel was okay, but at the time, when we were doing it, it felt so right and honestly the way she made me feel was a way that Emily never did.

Arielle wasn't avoiding me but she was sort of keeping her distance. I thought that we were actually progressing on our relationship, but then the ferris wheel happens, and then it became strained.

This is the only way... I think to myself.

"Look Arielle...I like you." I said slowly.
She looked at me and said "I like you too." I frowned at this.

"No." I sighed. "Arielle I like you more than this weird friendship or whatever it is that we have. I like you a lot." I said to her and looked at her. She stayed silent for a while.

She sighed and said "I like you too Jennifer...more than I should." I couldn't help but smile at hearing those words.
"But," she continued "I can't like you."

"Why not?" I asked feeling my heart break. "If it's because of Emily I'll break up with her, that's no problem."
Arielle stayed silent. I grabbed her chin and made her look at me.

"What's the problem Arielle?" I asked her. She stayed silent again.
"Arielle!" I yelled. She winced at my aggression. I didn't mean to act like this but I was desperate. Desperate to know the reason why she couldn't like me. I hated that she made me act this way.

I looked back at Arielle and saw that there were tears falling from her eyes. I took my other hand and wiped away her tears with my thumb. "Arielle why are you crying..?" I asked her softly.