Chapter 34

Chapter 34-

HARRYS POV

My brain quickly tries to think of a feasible answer which is believable enough for Cheri's mum "T-That's her nickname for me" I say, my voice wavering.

"Her nickname for you is... daddy?" Cheri's mum says incredulously her eyebrows raised, as if she can read right through me. "Why would she call you that, Harry?" she says patronisingly as if she's already half figured it out.

"Uh..." and for that I have no reasonable answer apart from the utter truth.

There's a deafening silence before Cheri butts in "Mum I can explain, I just don't think this is the most appropriate place for it-"

"Most appropriate place?" Cheri's mum shrieks finally losing it "What have you been keeping from me?"

"I-" Cheri gives me an anxious glance and I take that as a hint that she wants to be alone with her mum.

"Cheri are you sure?" I mouth and she nods. I knew eventually she would have to reveal the truth to her mum but I didn't realise it would be so sudden. I'm not sure Cheri's mum will take the news too well as she already seems to have something against me. It will just be another point to add to the 'reasons why I hate Harry list' she seems to have mentally written in her head.

"I think I'll take Lily down to see the hospital café" I say picking Lily up while trying to act casual about this whole affair.

"But we just had lunch" Lily says protesting.

"Yeah well, if you're good I'll buy you a cookie" I say promisingly as I can see Cheri and her mum are about to have a full-blown argument and I want to get Lily out of the way. I quickly exit through the door and head down the stairs.

"-But I didn't see granny," Lily says pouting.

"We'll see her after" though I doubt if Cheri's mum will let us back in the room after what she's heard. I head into the brightly lit café and to my surprise an unlikely character is sitting at one the pale-coloured tables alone.

"Ashley?" I say in shock as I do a once over checking to see if she has any injuries but there doesn't see to be any visibly "What are you doing here?"

"Harry" she says in surprise before composing her face to a neutral expression "I didn't expect to see you here"

"The same goes to you"

"Why don't you get something to eat and we'll talk," she says warmly and not sounding like her usual sarky self.

I look at her suspiciously "Okay, we'll be right back" I take Lily over to the hospital café counter and she chooses out a chocolate cookie and a Capri-sun -while I get a black coffee as I feel I'll need it for whatever Ashley's going to tell me.

"So why are you at the hospital, Harry?" Ashley inquires as soon as I sit down.

"Visiting Cheri's mum, she had an operation, yourself?" I say bluntly cutting to the chase. I'm curious as to what an earth would bring her here, a boob job secretly gone wrong maybe?

She hesitates before blurting out her next words "I'm pregnant," she says, her eyes shining with happiness.

"W-w-what?" I say choking on the hot coffee as it goes down the wrong way. Of all the possibilities I did not expect this to be one of them.

"I said I'm pregnant," she repeats.

I look over at Lily who's eating her cookie and gazing off into the distance. I lean over the table "I-Is it mine?" I whisper, my eyes dart over to Lily. This can't be happening.

To my surprise Ashley tips her head right back and start to full out laugh "Harry we never even did anything like that" she says giggling, "It's Pablo's"

"Who's Pablo?" I say my eyebrows knotting in confusion, I've never heard of this name till now.

"-I'm Pablo" a deep voice from behind me and I jump at the sudden voice. A very familiar tanned bearded man suddenly comes into my vision and sits down next to Ashley.

"Why were you so long in the toilet, Pabby?" Ashley says slightly annoyed and I cringe at her nickname for him.

" A man's got to do, what he's got to do" Pablo replies before giving out a full-hearted belch.

"What's that supposed to mean?" she says crinkling her nose in confusion and he shrugs his shoulder mysteriously.

"Anyway... back to the subject. Uh congratulations Ashley" I say awkwardly as I stare back at them.

CHERI'S POV

"Mum will you let me explain please before you jump to obscure conclusions?" I plead hoping that she'll listen to what I have to say.

"Oh I'm pretty sure I know the conclusion" she says gravely.

"And what's that?" I say uncomfortably.

"Harry is Lily's father?!"

I say nothing and continue to stare at her "Is it true, Cheri?" and I sigh sadly, this isn't how I wanted her to find out. I should have been more careful "Answer me!" she cries out.

"Yes but-"

"How could you keep this from me, your own mother? How is this even possible?" she says putting her head in her hands.

"Mum I'm sorry I didn't tell you but it was for good reasons-"

She cuts me off "How could you Cheri, he physically hurt you and now your telling me this"

I grow frustrated, as she won't even listen to what I'm trying to say "Well if you hadn't of forced me to go to the party in the first-"

"So now you're blaming me, get out of here, Cheri," she says harshly.

"What?" I say in shock.

"I can't look at you right now, Cheri. Just please leave"

"Okay" I whisper and my eyes well up wit tears as I walk away. Three's only one person I want to talk to right now and that is Harry.

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

Sorry about this chapter since I had to type really fast since I'm going out, but things are going to be heating up in the next few chapters ;)

Also my summer holidays have started so if this gets 600 votes then I'll update tomorrow xo

*** ALSO PLEASE FOLLOW ME ON TUMBLR, I'M 20 AWAY FROM 1,000 FOLLOWERS. It's www.Khawii.tumblr.com !!! I'll try follow some of you back :)