Chapter 32

Chapter 32 -

"You've changed so much, you've barely resemble the boy from two years ago," my mums says her eyes widening in disbelief as she stares at Harry who is awkwardly looking away.

"I've changed a lot over these past years not just in appearance but in personality as well," Harry says gingerly, trying to defend himself from my mum's harsh gaze.

My mum disregards Harry's words and turns to look at me accusingly.

"Cheri, why is he here anyway?" she says sceptically.

"Uh...." I take an overview of Harry who looks like he's about to faint and decide against telling my mum about Harry being the father for the meantime. "I don't think this is the best place to discuss this right now, I'll explain the rest later but basically Harry and I are... dating?"

For a few second my mum just sits in the hospital bed in silence processing my words before she clenches her jaw and looks over at me.

"What?" my mum shrieks her eyes flashing with anger.

"I can expla-" I try to say but I'm cut off.

"Cheri, have you not forgotten who this? He hurt you physically and mentally. What he did was unforgivable and now your telling me your... dating him?!" my mum says bitterly laughing as if she can not believe it herself.

"Mum please don't do this. I don't want to stress you out when you've got an operation in less than an hour. We can dispute this later" I say reasonably.

"That doesn't change the fact that you're dating him!"" she says in resentment as she looks over vigilantly at Harry who was in the corner of the room still holding Lily tightly against him.

"Please" I plead, I hated having to argue like this in front of Harry and Lily. My mum stares up at me before curtly nodding her head in reluctance. I know though that I'm not off the hook yet.

The room is silent before my mum clears her throat and decides to fortanely change the topic. "Cheri... one of you should probably take Lily home as it's already quite late and I don't want you all waiting around for me" my mum tries to say humbly.

"I can take her Cheri, I know you want to be there for your mum when she comes out of the operating theatre" Harry utters reassuringly, giving me a small smile. Though I know he's also probably using it as an excuse to not be in the same room as my mum.

"Okay" I say thankfully as I bring Lily in for a hug and whisper goodnight before passing her back to Harry.

"Harry, I'll call you later on to tell you what's happening," I say trying to mask my worry. He shuts the door quietly and I turn to face my mum who has a wistful expression on her face.

"Lily seems to get on surprising well with Harry" my mum comments slightly suspiciously. I freeze in panic for a second thinking she's worked it out but her face looks merely curious. I shrug my shoulders and look at the ceiling, trying to appear nonchalant in front of her.

"Cheri..." my mum says her eyes full of worry "You know I care about you"

"I know" I say sighing, suddenly exhausted from today's events.

"That's why I need you to break up with Harry, this isn't healthy for you" she says looking up at me from the hospital bed.

HARRY'S POV

I nervously carry Lily to the car, peering down at her in my arms, she looks so fragile. When I thought back to the past, I'd actually hardly cared for Lily on my own. Cheri was always there to guide me on what to do, as she knew Lily better than myself. The guilt rose as I realised what I was doing now is what Cheri had to do by herself for the last year and more.

"What are we doing?" Lily said tilting her head in confusion as I put her in the car seat and strapped her in.

"We're going home, since it's super late for you to be up" I say flicking her nose before starting the car up.

"But I don't want to go home, I want to see granny" Lily says pouting in frustration as he looks outside at the dark sky.

"We'll see granny tomorrow, it's too late today. If your good though Lily I'll make you hot chocolate before bed" I say smiling as she squeals in delight.

The house is silent when we get in so I assume that Louis has gone out to see Eleanor. I lift Lily up and carry her to the door as I can see she's sleepy. I can't seem to find Lily any pyjamas so in the end she has to borrow one of my tops which looks like an over sized nightdress on her.

"Do I still get my hot coco?" Lily says excitedly.

"Only if you get into bed," I say trying to act like a stern parent. She scrambles into my double bed and quickly tucks her self in, before looking up expectantly at me.

I laugh before going to make her hot chocolate. I make sure to add pink marshmallows as well but by the time I get back she's already asleep.

"Lily?" I say quietly but she doesn't stir.

I stand by the doorway watching Lily peacefully sleep while holding the hot chocolate in my hand wishing I hadn't wasted those two years. Suddenly the phones starts to ring shrilly, waking me out of my daze and making me drop the hot chocolate in the process.

"Oh shi-" I pick up the phone quickly "-I mean hello?"

"Harry, what was that?" Cheri says confused.

"Uhh nothing" I say looking at the hot chocolate stained floor. How the hell am I going to get that out of the carpet?

"Anyway Harry I'm going to have to stay the night here. An emergency came in so mum's operation got postponed to the morning " Cheri says tiredly.

"Wait, so does that mean your not coming home tonight?" I say glancing at Lily's sleeping figure.

"Yes there's no point, it's already late enough. Plus I want to make sure my mum's okay tonight"

"So I'll be on my own with Lily?"

"Don't worry Harry you're a natural, I did it for two years, you can mange a day" Cheri says her voice soundly slightly off.

I ignore it and roll my eyes even though she can't see me "Yeah of course I can, its just one small child, no big deal"

Oh how wrong I was for tomorrow was going to be hell.

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

*No more exams yay!*

I've got a really important question for you guys: What do you want to happen in the book?

There's roughly 12 chapters left and I've sort of got it planned out but I am really curious for your input as it would help immensely and give me more interesting ideas.

600 votes for next chapter, let's try :))