Chapter 8

Chapter 8-

I regretted giving Lily Fruit Pastilles as she was bouncing up and down in her car seat as I pulled into the studio car park. I was nervous, I didn't even know who the music video was with yet. Hopefully it wasn't with some stuck up celebrity who though they were the best thing which had happen to the world. I can't stand people who think they are better than everyone else just because they're famous.

"Lily, please calm down," I pleaded as she tried to jump up and down higher as I park the car. I reminded my self to never give Lily sugar again in the near future. I swear it went straight to her brain.

"I'm a giraffe" yelled Lily jumping up and down as I undo her seatbelt.

"Lily.." I groan, I can just imagine everyone's faces if she started to do her giraffe impression when we get inside.

We get out and I quickly pick Lily up and rush into the studio. I'm already ten minutes late.

We walk up to the big desk, placed in the middle of the hallway. I saw Dolly and smiled in relief. I'd know Dolly ever since Susie became my manager. Dolly was one of the receptionists at the studio. We got on well and she adored Lily.

"Hi Cheri, just go through there" said Dolly pointing to the main door.

I nodded. "Dolly, do you mind watching Lily while I go in?"

"Yeah, sure but you better go, they're all waiting for you".

"Okay, thanks!" I said smiling; this is why I loved Dolly. She was always willing to help out. Lily would have had to come in with me if it had been one of the receptionists. I wasn't even sure if Dolly were even allowed to look after Lily but I sure Susie wouldn't mind overly much. Hopefully. And anyway I can't deal with a sugar-high Lily right now, especially at work.

I started to turn but Lily pulled on the hem of my dress "Mummy".

"Shhh Lily, I'll be back soon, Dolly will look after you," I said kissing her cheek. She quieted and looked over to Dolly who pulled a silly face, which made her laugh. Hopefully Dolly could distract Lily for long enough.

I gave one last glance at Lily then walked down the hallway to the main door.

I was glad Lily was staying with Dolly. It would look unprofessional if I brought my kid with me into the meeting room and what would they think?

I was 18 for crying out loud, they'd think I was too young to handle a child and have a job. I didn't want them thinking that. Anyone this music video was a big deal and I wanted good first impressions.

I took a deep breath.

Here goes nothing. I open the door slowly and peer round.

There was a silence then six figures turned round to face me. I walk and in and greet Susie with a smile. Hopefully she isn't too mad that I'm a bit late,

"Cheri, you took your time, love" Susie says.

"Hey but I'm worth it though, aren't I" I said jokingly.

"You are" Susie said smiling.

I rolled my eyes, and then I turned round to face everyone else.

There stood 5 boys, "Hi I'm Ch.."

I froze when I realised who the 5 boys where.

Harry's mouth hung open. "Cheri?"

It's One Direction.

The music videos going to be with One Direction. Why didn't I see this coming?

"You know each other?" said a puzzled Louis.

"I wish I didn't," I muttered.

The rest of the boys looked confusingly at each other.

"Harry never us about you?" said Niall.

"Why would he?" I said laughing. If only they knew what Harry did to me. I'm sure he didn't go boasting to everyone about how he bullied me for years on end.

Susie stepped in.

"I'm not sure what's going on but we need to discuss the plans for the music video".

"Yeah, yeah" I muttered suddenly wishing I were still at home on the computer instead of being here.

"This is One Direction and this is Cheri," said Susie introducing us.

"I know" I say rolling my eyes. I pretty sure most people know who One Direction are, unless they live under a rock or something.

The rest of the boys give me a wave while Harry just stares at me, his expression unreadable. I wonder what he's thinking. Harry's changed in the last two years. He's much taller and well he looks less of a boy. His eyes soften when he sees me looking back at him.

I wonder if he's feeling guilty?

"I'll go get the files," Susie muttered, giving me a look.

As soon as she left, I smirked at Harry. I wasn't scared schoolgirl anymore, and anyway he couldn't do anything without his band mates and the paparazzi finding out. Susie slowly walked out the room still staring suspiciously at us as she left.

"So how do you know each other?" Louis asked curiously as soon as she'd gone.

"Oh, why don't you tell them Harry" I said grinning at how uncomfortable he looked.

"Well.. There's nothing to say much, me and che-"

I never heard the lies Harry was going to make up since he was cut off by the door slamming open. I opened my mouth in shock as I saw the figure peering through the open door.

Lily.

As soon as she saw me, she began to run towards me.

No.No.No. Why wasn't Dolly watching her?!

"Mummyyyyy!" Lily screamed, rushing up to me and clinging to my chest.

All the boys froze.

Harry's mouth dropped open as stared at me.

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

Woah the reads have gone up so much- yayy I love you peopleeee.

Please comment if you like/dislike my story cos I want to know what you think! :) x