Chapter 23

Chapter 23-

And kisses me.

His lips connected with mine and I kissed back, suddenly I realised what I was doing and quickly pushed Harry away.

"I can't do this Harry, not when you're still with Ashley" I said sharply.

As much as I hated Ashley, I would never do something like that.

I expected him to answer but he stayed silent.

I looked at him desperately waiting for him to say how he would leave Ashley but he stayed quiet, staring at me with confliction in his eyes.

"Harry?" I finally repeated, annoyed but the front door opening cut me off.

Louis walked into the kitchen followed by Ashley.

"Ashley?" said Harry finally looking surprised.

"I gave her lift here," Louis explained.

Harry and turned to face Ashley who was fluttering her eyelashes at him.

She had changed into a neon green dress, which was so short it could almost be classified as a t-shirt.

"Yes I was walking here but Louis kindly gave me a lift when he saw me at the side of the road" she said flirty winking at Louis.

Louis looked at her in distaste and grimaced.

Ashley walked over to Harry in her and looked up at him, smirking.

"I was wondering if I could stay the night, Harry?" she purred.

For one split second I wondered if he'd turn her down but I was wrong.

"Y-yeah sure" Harry said guiltily while looking at the floor.

I looked at Harry in disgust- how could he just pretend nothing had happened? Harry avoided my eye contact as I glared at him.

"Harry, don't even bother cooking dinner for Lily and I, we're going out" I snap. I felt so angry that he went running back to Ashley, what did he see in her anyway?

I quickly stomped into the living room to get Lily.

"Lily, we're going out for dinner" I say sharply as I turn the T.V off.

She clapped her hands in excitement since this was the second time today that we would be going out for a meal.

"And Harry too?" she says happily.

"No just you and me" I say firmly as I put her jacket on her. We quickly exit the house and I don't bother to say goodbye.

Harry's probably to be busy kissing Ashley anyway.

We begin to walk since there's plenty of cafes and restaurant only a few streets away and there's not point in taking a car there.

I let lily pick where to go since it's her birthday.

The streets lit with multiple shops that are all offering different things.

Finally she decides on a cute old looking café, which has been painted a light pink and has a painted sign on the door saying welcome.

Lily pulls me into the café and picks our seats next to the window looking out onto the street. I pick up the menu to see what there is.

It's cosy inside the café and a friendly woman with blonde hair in a messy bun and laughter lines comes over.

"How can I help you two?" she says smiling.

We both order cheese toasties and iced pink cup cakes for after. They come on china plates and I buy Lilly pink lemonade as well to match the cup cakes.

"I take it you like pink," the women says chuckling at Lily.

"Yes, and I have a pink dress too!" Lily says cheerfully while pointing at the dress she got from me for her birthday.

People from the other small tables smile too as she goes on about her love for her colour pink. Eventually Lily finishes her long rant about how everything should be pink and the lady goes away to serve another table.

"Have you enjoyed your birthday?" I ask Lily.

She nods euphuistically and grins up at me and starts to fiddle with the necklace Harry got her. She hasn't taken the necklace off all day ever since Harry put it on for her.

"Why's Harry not here?" Lily asks curiously.

I shake my head wondering what to tell her. "We fell out," I say simply.

She looks at me in confusion, her eyebrow scrunching up as she tries to figure out what I mean.

"But why?" she says finally.

"It doesn't matter," I say giving her a small smile.

"I don't want you to be mad at Harry"

"Neither do I", I mutter.

We finish eating our cup cakes and then we go up to the counter and I pay the women. She gives Lily a small wave as we leave.

We walk back to the house and by this time it's quite late. Lily's eyes start to flutter, as she gets sleepier and sleepier. In the end I carry her back the last bit before the house. Louis answers the door but I mouth at him to keep quiet before he can say anything since Lily's asleep in my arms.

I take her to the bedroom and lie her down gently. She looks so content and peaceful lying asleep on the bed. I change her into her pyjamas and then tuck her in and kiss her goodnight on the forehead.

I turn round to see Harry had been watching me from the doorway.

"What do you want?" I say glaring at him.

"I need to talk to you, Cheri", he's interrupted by Ashley calling him from the living room.

"Harry, babe!" she yells

I raise my eyebrows at him. "Yeah babe, go see Ashley," I say sarcastically.

"I need to talk to Cheri first" Harry calls back.

I can hear Ashley start to mutter things under her breathe but neither Harry nor I can actually hear what she says. She was probably cursing me.

"Okay spit out what you wanted to say then," I snap while crossing my arms.

This better be good.

"I just want to say sorry, it was supposed to work out like this. Cheri I like you and I wish that all those years ago I hadn't bullied you becau-" I put my hand up to stop him rambling and ask him the question which as been in my mind for a bit then

"Well then why did you bully me?"

Harry shakes his head sadly. "Like I said mostly it was just to take my anger out on something but do you want to know why I was so angry in the first place?"

"Why?" I say curiously.

"Because I was bullied too".

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

Sorry for the long wait- don't kill me with pitchforks please D:

It's almost the summer holidays so I will be doing faster updates (yay)

Chapter is dedicated to... @_just1denise_ since I liked hearing your funny story hehe :) xo

200 votes? (I pinky promise to update faster)

Next chapter dedicated to a commenter xo

ahh your all so perfect<3