Chapter 31

Chapter 31-

"What?" I say alarmed.

"She's had a minor fall but she's fractured her right arm quite badly. She's in the hospital right now and she's told me to inform you" the nurse replies softly.

"Is she okay?" I ask worried.

"She's doing fine but she's just about to go in for another x-ray scan. They may have to operate so the bone can heal"

"I'll be over as soon as I can," I say hurriedly before disconnecting the call. With shaking hands I slip my phone back into my pocket and quickly get out of then narrow corridor that I'm standing in.

"Harry" I say panicked, rushing back towards the table "We need to go"

"Why? What's happening?" Harry says standing up, concern showing on his face.

"My mum's fractured her arm and could be going in for an operation, we need to get to the hospital," I say quickly.

"Shh, take deep breaths and stay calm. We'll leave now," Harry says soothingly as he picks up Lily and pays for our meal at the front.

"Can we make this a take-away order instead please?" he asks the waiter.

"Sure, just give me a minute to wrap it up," he says nodding.

We wait patiently as one of the staff appear again with our food boxed up neatly and put in a plastic bag. I take the bags in my hands as Harry pays. Usually I would argue with him over who should pay the bill but we haven't got time for that at the moment.

"Thank you" I call as we exit the restaurant. Lily looks at me confused, from Harry's arms.

"Where are we going mummy?"

I pause, thinking what to say. "We're going to go visit grandma since she's hurt her arm" I say to her lightly.

"What about the food?" she says pointing to the bags which is currently weighing me down.

"We're going to eat this in the car on the way" I say smiling as her face lights up at the whole idea.

We jump in the car and I make sure Lily's strapped in to her seat before we start the engine.

"Which hospital is it?" Harry asks.

"I think it's the Lake Avenue Medical Centre," I say to Harry, that's the nearest hospital to my mum's house.

Harry's brows furrow "That's about a half hour drive".

"Then you'll have to drive quickly," I say and he lets out a chuckle and starts the car and turns onto the main road.

"Can I have my pasta please?" Lily says from the backseat.

"Yep" I reply with as I open up the plastic bag and fish out her pasta, which had been put into a plastic container with a fork. She eagerly takes it of me and opens it up.

"Cheri you'll have to feed me" Harry says.

"What, why?" I ask raising an eyebrow at him.

"Because I'm driving and I can't take my hands off the wheel"

"You can try," I say joking while he rolls his eyes at me.

I open up the box with our pizza in it- my mouth starts to water at the sight of the food, as it looks delicious.

It's been cut equally into ten slices and I pull out one for Harry.

"I don't know how this is supposed to work," I say giggling as Harry opens his mouth for me while keeping his eyes on the road.