Chapter 33

Chapter 33-

HAARY'S POV

I was woken abruptly from my blissful sleep by a certain three year old leaping on me. The air was knocked out of me and I found my self-surprised as even though Lily was small, I felt like a bag of bricks had fallen on me.

"Wake up!" Lily said grinning while jumping up and down and making me wince at such a loud voice this early in the morning.

"In a minute sweetie" I mumble, burying my face further into the pillow.

"No, I want you to wake up now" Lily says, her eyes furrowing in frustration as if she cannot understand why I wouldn't want to be awake at six in the morning.

"Okay okay, I'm up" I say finally wrenching myself from the bed. Today is going to be a long day, I can feel it. I look over at Lily who sitting on the edge of bed beaming back at me. Her blonde curls are sticking up from sleeping and there are chocolate smudges around her mouth.

I frown suspiciously "Lily, why is there chocolate on your face?"

Lily's smile instantly drops and she quickly slap her hand over her face to cover her chocolate covered lips. "No there isn't!" she says frantically shaking her head in denial. I almost laugh at how comical her shocked face looks but then remember that I'm supposed to look annoyed.

"Lily, did you steal chocolate from the kitchen?" I say crossing my arms.

"...Yes" Lily says covering her face with her small hands in shame.

"How an earth did you manage that?" I say in disbelief. In our flat all our sweets and chocolate snacks are kept on the top shelf of the cupboard so that Lily can't reach them. I also put them at the top as Louis can't reach the sweets either but he doesn't need to know that.

"Lily..." I say warningly as she doesn't reply but instead looks over at the wall as if it's the most interesting thing she has seen in her life.

I hurry over to the kitchen when I realise I'm not going to get a reply from Lily and inwardly gasped when I see a smashed Nutella glass and the floor covered in chocolate. A chair stands beside the counter, which Lily must have used to get to the shelf. She's smart for a kid, I'll give her that.

"Lily, you didn't cut yourself on the glass, did you?" I said gently grabbing her hand and inspecting it

She shook her head gigging "No, but I maybe ate the chocolate off the floor".

I looked at her in horror "You did what?!". Cheri was going to kill me, I was a dead man. I hadn't even had Lily a day and she was already causing havoc. The floor wasn't exactly the cleanest place as people walked through it constantly after coming through the doorway. Their dirty shoe marks were in her mouth, practically.

"How could you think eating of the floor was a good idea Lily? Why didn't you just ask me instead of doing this!" I say growing exasperated.

"S-sorry daddy" Lily say her bottom lip trembling. I sigh as I realise that I may be being a bit harsh on her. She's only three and it was an accident. She doesn't understand everything yet.

I bring her into a hug "I'm sorry for shouting Lil' but you need to understand not to do that"

"I didn't mean for it to smash but it was too heavy to hold!" Lily says distressed.

"Shh let's clean this up and we'll forget all about this as long as you promise to ask me next time"

"I promise" Lily says eager to forget.

I brush up the glass shards and luckily manage not to cut myself. Just as I begin to wipe up the chocolate spread form the floor, Louis walks in.

"Morning Ha-" he stops and takes in the mess "What the hell happened here then?"