Chapter 5

Chapter 5-

The pregnancy test beeped. I opened my eyes and looked.

~Positive~

~Positive~

~Positive~

I started crying. I curl up on the hard bathroom floor. It couldn't be true.

My mum starts to knock on the bathroom door, begging for me to let her in but I ignore her. I couldn't be a mum, I was too young. How would i cope? I didn't have a job, I was still in school for crying out loud. I can't stay in the bathroom forever though.

I reluctantly open the bathroom door. My mum gasped, I must have looked a state. My mascara would be smudged all over my face from crying but I couldn't care less right now.

"Mum, please leave me alone" I whisper. She just gapes at me. I quickly ran to my bedroom and slam the door. I don't want to face her.

"Cheri, please let me in" my mum cries. I hear her leave. I sigh in relief but then I hear her footsteps and she's back.

She knocks on my door and then says quietly through the door "Cheri, you forgot something".

I freeze, oh shit, I'd left the pregnancy tests in the bathroom.

I slowly open the bedroom door, there stood my mum holding the three pregnancy tests.

"Oh, well, you see er..?" I stuttered, I had no idea what to say.

"Are you pregnant?!"

I nod, tears running down my face. I never planned for this.

"Who's the dad?" she demanded.

"I can't tell you that" I retorted, no way could she know it was Harry. Nobody could know Harry was the dad.

"WHY WEREN'T YOU CAREFUL!" she screeched in frustration.

"WELL TOO LATE NOW ISNT IT!" I yell back angrily.

She sighs.

"Well what are you going to do?".

"What do you mean?" I said in confusion.

"Are you going to keep it?"

I gasped, I never thought about not keeping the baby, it hadn't really crossed my mind.

"Of course I am" I can't kill an innocent life, it's not the baby's fault for what happened.

My mum gave a weak smile, "It's your choice and if that's what you choose then I'm okay with that."

"I just don't know, how you'll cope" she whispered. I hugged my mum. "It'll be okay" she murmurs, stroking my back. "I had you young, I should know" she says chuckling half heartedly. I know she's worried about me. I don't think she ever worried about me becoming pregnant. I'd never really had a boyfriend before, let alone become pregnant. I knew she would be shocked, so was I.

I sighed, I didn't feel ready to become a mum but I knew I couldn't get rid of the baby either.

But would I tell Harry, I had school tomorrow, should I tell him? Or ignore him. I go back upstairs and curl back up on my bed; I fell into a dreamless sleep.

I wake up, I really don't feel like going to school but I need to face it.

I was still undecided though about telling Harry, I though resting would help make up my mind but it just made me more confused.

I started to walk to school, soon I would be finishing school and then what? I would be a mum. I had never imagined my self a mum, I always thought maybe I would have kids in the future but I never knew it would be so soon. I still wanted a career though, I didn't want to be stuck being a housewife. That was possible wasn't it? Even if I was a single parent, I'm sure I could manage.

I would never have an abortion though, if other people chose to have one then that was their choice but I don't think I could ever do it, I would feel so guilty.

I always saw teenage mums and wondered why they would choose to have a child so young but now I understood that they didn't always choose, it wasn't always entirely their fault.

I was so deep in thought that I wasn't looking and bashed into someone.

"Oh, I'm so sorry, I wasn't..." I stopped when I realised it was Harry.

"Well hello Cheri, still clumsy as usual" he said, while smirking. I glared at him. He took a step closer. Closing the gap between us.

"Cheri, remember, to keep your mouth shut about the party. If you say anything then you know what will happen" he says clenching his fist and glaring at me.

Ever since the party, Harry had kept his distance from me, which was good since I didn't want me or the baby to get hurt.

I wondered if he would be happy if I told him I was pregnant or would he be mad?

Maybe he deserved to know though, I mean he was the father.

He started to walk away.

"Harry?" I say uncertainly.

He turns round, "What?" he says. He's probably surprised, wondering why I was trying to talk to him.

Should I tell him, I was unsure of how he would react.

Not tell him or tell him? I couldn't imagine Harry being the fatherly time but maybe I was wrong.

I mean I never imagined being pregnant and here I am now. Could Harry change?

He raised his eyebrows waiting for me to speak.

What was I going to do?

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

Do you think she's going to tell him? :O

Aha I going to try and make the chapters a bit longer.

Vote up! xo