You're Right

This was my seventh time dialing Shawn's number on my phone, but I had yet to press call. I debated on whether or not I should tell him about Lance, tell him that I was right and he was wrong, or just apologize about our fight earlier. My finger hovered over the green button, but like every time before, I pressed the red one.

"Not you, too." Aaliyah's voice snapped me back into reality.

"What?"

"Shawn's whining around the house and acting all depressed. I couldn't take it anymore, so I come over here to find you doing the same thing! Honestly, you both are pathetic." Aaliyah flopped down onto my bed beside me.

  "He accused me of being a totally different person because I switched my name." I huffed out and crossed my arms, still bothered by it.

"Yeah, and you accused him of being a different person in front of his fans and the media. I heard the whole story."

   "So you should be taking my side!" I argued with her.

   "I am definitely not taking either side! You both were wrong and are being childish for fighting. I mean jeez, I feel like I'm the mature one here. Get along, play nicely, and don't steal toys from other little kids." Aaliyah groaned with frustration.

   "You're right." I let out a sigh.

   "He can get protective and a bit annoying, but he does it out of love. Trust me, I know; I'm his sister after all."

   "I figured you would hate me too, now that we're fighting." I say a bit confused.

   "We're still friends and always will be.  Shawn will never get between us." Aaliyah wrapped her arms around me and we hugged.

   "Now how about some ice cream? Every bonding moment calls for ice cream." I told her.

Aaliyah nodded and we walked out the door. I couldn't help but notice how much alike Shawn and Aaliyah were. Both kind, persistent, and never seemed to give up on me...