Pink Duck Tape

I hummed in thought, enjoying Shawn's closeness.

What did I want to do today with the boy I loved?

"Mum, we're going to be late!" I heard Aaliyah's voice echo from downstairs.

"Late for what?" My curiosity got the best of me.

"Just because her big brother is famous and doesn't have to go to school, doesn't mean she doesn't go to school. You really are good at avoiding my questions, aren't you?" Shawn answered with a smug look on his face.

"I hate choosing. You will end up hating whatever I choose. Why can't you choose?" I asked getting irritated.

"Because I want to do whatever my princess wants to do." He kissed my cheek making my heart melt.

"Ice skating?" I suggested.

"How could someone from Canada hate ice skating?" He laughed and I do too.

"That is very true!"

  "Let me grab my skates. You can borrow Aaliyah's if you'd like? I'm guessing you don't want to go back home to get yours and get caught." He took his skates out of his closet and turned to face me.

  "Yeah that will work." Aaliyah and I have the same size of shoe and she's always letting me borrow her things, so it shouldn't be a problem.

  "I'll grab those and we should be ready to go!" Shawn started walking out of the room, but I stopped him.

  "How are we getting there? You're not driving, are you?"

  "I am. It's not a big deal driving one handed, I do it all the time. I'm surprised you haven't noticed before." He chuckled.

  "Alright then." I nodded.

  "Wait." Shawn studied me and I tried my best not to shy away. "How did you climb through the window with your sling, from your broken elbow?"

"It's not a big deal climbing one handed, I do it all the time. I'm surprised you haven't noticed before." Shawn bursted out laughing at my stupid little joke that mimicked him.

"You sure are something, you know that Clover?"

"As long as it means I'm something to you, I'm fine with that."

"Are we going to become the cheesie couple?" Shawn laughed and I blushed.

"We're not a couple." I grumbled.

"Not yet we aren't." He planted a short kiss on my lips before walking out to go get Aaliyah's skates for me.

I followed Shawn and we carried the skates downstairs and we were almost to the front door when Karen saw us.

"Where are you two off to? Shouldn't Claire be at school?" She asked.

  "I'm ditching, so obviously my Mum doesn't know so please don't tell her." I begged.

  "Your secret is safe with me. I'm happy to see you two getting along again. Just like old times!" She smiled sweetly and Shawn opened the door.

  "We'll be leaving now, bye Mum."

  Once we are outside I took a look at Shawn's jeep.

I saw the moose antler duct taped on the front of it.

The duct tape was a bright pink color.

"Shawn what is that?" I knew it came from the moose that we hit, but duct taped to his jeep?

"Pretty sweet, isn't it?"

Written by themuffinbenito 😂