Broken Elbow

"Shawn! You can't just do that!" I yelled as I made my way to the side of the road where he had been standing.

Once to him he lifted up the moose antler as if he had just won a prize, the biggest grin on his handsome face.

    "Look how cool this is babe!" He told me, acting as if I hadn't said anything.

    "I think I should mount it onto the front of my jeep... Well after it's fixed and all." He continued talking, but I eventually blocked his voice out and my eyes drifted towards the center of the road.

There was no moose.

      "Shawn. Where the heck is the moose?"
    I asked interrupting his little conversation with himself, I actually began to think he was going into shock

      "What do you mean, it's right... There." He stopped realizing that there was no moose, all that was left was a trail of dark red blood leading into the thick trees on the other side of the road.

     "Poor thing." I said quietly to myself, I realized my arm had gone numb, a little scared I quickly pulled up the sleeve of my shirt revealing my swollen purple elbow.

      "Shawn..." I said quietly, he didn't respond, he was too busy staring at the antler in his hands.

     "Shawn!" I said even louder, his head snapped in my direction a concerned look across his face.

         His eyes landed on my arm and he rushed over to me, he took my wrist gently in his hand and studied my elbow.

       "It's definitely broken." He said quietly, that's when I heard the sirens off in the distance.

Shawn did the unthinkable and removed his plaid shirt he had been wearing, leaving him in a black t-shirt. he held my hand has he gently wrapped the shirt around my broken elbow creating a sling.

          The sirens continued to grow louder as we stood on the side of the canyon road, Shawn refused to let go of my hand.

The pain had subsided, but I felt as if going into shock wasn't a good idea, but things felt so unreal.

I had seen a dead man, and we had just had a major accident in the past few hours, and now a broken elbow...

Could things get any worse, I spoke to soon.

     "Claire! Shawn!" Next thing I knew, my Mums arms were around me, I couldn't see her face, but I knew she was hysterically crying, I could hear that Karen came with her.

I gasped out in pain as she squeezed me a little too hard.

      "Oh my gosh, Claire, honey your arm!" She yelled out in fear, before I knew it I was on a stretcher and rolled into an ambulance.

Shawn were was Shawn, was all I could think.

Written by Me❤❤❤
Broken Elbow😂 Is that even a thing?