Pure Fear

Fear. Pure fear.

How did this happen to me out of all people in the world, I liked to think that I was a smart girl. I had always gotten good grades, I was the family favorite, I never did anything wrong. I guess I was wrong, a good person wouldn't have managed to get themselves into the situation I was in.

My hands cuffed to the end of the hotel bed, I was practically gagging on the piece of cloth Lance had tied around my head and covering my mouth. Even if I did scream and yell who was going to hear me?

I watched as Lance paced back and forth in front of me, I could see the gun bulging out from the back of his pants hidden from the blue shirt he had put on to cover it. That's when my phone vibrated on the dresser beside me, my heart sank, I already knew it was Shawn, it had already almost been two hours.

"Ooh and who could that be?" Lance chuckled, he picked up my phone and his eyes suddenly grew dark.

"Always getting in the fucking way!" His words came out more as a growl, I began to shake in my bones and to think that I loved this boy standing in front of me at one point in time.

I imagined something had to have happened to him for all of this to have gone wrong.

"Let's invite Shawny boy to the party." Lance said darkly, my eyes widened.

I began to struggle against the cuffs, but I knew it was know use as they dug into my wrists, I let out a cry.

"Aw baby, did I put them on too tight?" Lance bent down in front of me and examined the cuffs, I shot a glare his way.

"Don't worry, as soon as I take care of Shawn, I'll take them off and you and I, we're going to go somewhere just the two of us, ok." He whispered and gently stroked my cheek, I flinched at his cool touch.

He stood up and walked for the door to the hallway, I sat there helpless.

Shawn was probably already on his way, I shouldn't have come to this damn hotel in the first place!

What was wrong with me?

Lance disappeared through the door without another word. I began to scan my surroundings to see if there was anything to help me escape, but nothing.

What was I supposed to do? Lance had a freaking gun, was he planning on using it?