Duck Saving

"Ice skating wasn't really a smart idea." I told Shawn after we hopped back into his jeep.

"I agree." He said shortly, we both started laughing at how stupid we had looked.

"A broken wrist and elbow! What were we thinking?" He asked, I giggled as he pulled us out of the ice skating parking lot.

"Where to now my lady?" He asked, it was only mid day and we still had a lot of time to do something stupid.

   "How about we drive around until an idea comes to mind?" I asked him, he grinned over at me.

  "Alright my Dino!" He said with a laugh causing me to giggle.

  After driving around for 10 minutes or so, I suddenly spotted something on the side of the road.

   "Shawn stop the car!" I told him, cautiously he pulled over and I hopped out of the car.

   I kneeled down to see an injured baby duckling lying in a pile of mud.

I heard Shawn's door slam shut moments later.

   "What is it?" He asked worriedly, I scooped up the scared duckling and turned to face him.

   "He's hurt." I told Shawn quietly with my eyes glued to the little duck.

Shawn came over and gently stroked the frightened birds feathers.

   "We could take it home and look after him for a awhile... Well until he's all better." Shawn told me, I nodded and we started back for the jeep.

He opened my door for me and I climbed in with the little duck.

  "Is it okay?" Shawn asked after a while of driving.

  "He. Yeah he fell asleep, so shh!" I told him, he smiled over at me before his attention was back on the road ahead.

   I stared down at the little bird in my arms, he sure was cute.

I could tell he was a boy because he had lots of colors under all the mud, females were usually the plain brown ones.

   "Ahh, there, there Ducky. We are almost home." I told him, he had began to stir in my arms.

  "Ducky?" Shawn asked, I giggled.

   "Just a name." I told him, he laughed.

  "Alright Dino and Ducky, almost there." He told me with a laugh, I even laughed a little.

   "We have a weird life." Shawn said out of nowhere as we parked in his driveway.

  "Why do you say that?" I asked.

"Well we've done a lot of not normal  things lately, things people don't really do."

  "That's because we're just that cool." I told him with a laugh.

  "let's go get Ducky all cleaned up, and find him someplace warm to sleep." Shawn told me, I nodded and watched as he got out of the car.

  He opened my door for me and helped me out.

   We headed for the house, the little duck was then in Shawn's arms.

Let's just say he looked awfully cute with that duck.

Written my Me❤❤❤