ReTry

"Have you talked to Shawn yet?" Lacie asked me at lunch.

   "Yes." I played with the food on my tray.

   Lacie gasped.

  "What did he say? Do you think I have a chance with him?"

   "You probably do now, since after the kiss we had last night." I said out loud instead of only thinking it.

   "You kissed Shawn?" Lacie showed no emotion.

   "I made it awkward though and he probably hates me now." I sighed in disappointment.

  Right when I thought things were going to turn out alright, they went bad.

   "You knew I liked him and you kissed him?" Lacie crossed her arms.

   "I don't have to explain myself to you." I bitterly told her.

   "I thought we were friends!" She got up and took her things with her.

  I took that as she didn't want to be my friend anymore.

   Throughout the rest of my classes that day, I sat alone.

  It bothered me when Lacie would whisper to other girls and they would burst out laughing.

   I was more than eager to leave when the last bell rang.

  The only ride home I had was Lacie, so I had to walk.

   "Claire!" Shawn's voice startled me as I walked down the steps of the school.

  I looked up to see him standing by his black jeep, close by.

"What are you doing here? Someone will recognize you." I wrapped my arms around myself.

"About what happened last night- I don't think th-"

"I'm sorry!" I cut him off.

"It was all me. I shouldn't have let that happen in the first place."

"I came here to give an apology, not get one from you!" Shawn sighed and leaned against his jeep.

"Why would you need to apologize?" My voice was low.

"I ran off. I should have stayed with you and-" Shawn stopped talking when he noticed that I was laughing.

"What's so funny?"

"Don't you find this the slightest bit, funny? We kissed for the first time in months and you- you ended up gagging up a hair ball!" I managed to say while laughing.

  Shawn looked more relaxed with the situation and even smiled a little.

"That's embarrassing." His cheeks turned pink.

"More embarrassing for me!" I giggled.

"Maybe we should retry that kiss?" Shawn hooked his arm around my waist and pulled me close to him.

  It took every amount of will power inside me to pull away from him.

"Not here." I shook my head.

"Alright." Shawn opened his jeep door and got inside.

  Was he just going to leave because I wouldn't kiss him there?

   Before I could think of anything else, Shawn grabbed my wrist and pulled me into the jeep with him, so I was sitting on his lap.

He reached over and shut the door.

He tapped his fingernail against the window next to him.

"They're tinted. So where were we? Oh right, we were going to try that kiss again."

He gently held the back of my head as he began to lean in and before I knew it, his lips were on mine.

  The kiss deepened and he pushed me harder back against the steering wheel, until my elbow accidentally honked the horn.

  We pulled away and both stared at each other with bright tomato red faces.

   Written by themuffinbenito ❤❤❤ This was so flipping cute😊😊😊