What's Best

"I missed you." Lance whispered.

His lips were on mine and I couldn't stop him.

  I tried to move out of his grasp, but that only made it worse.

"Kiss me back." He growled.

Not wanting to make him even more mad, I kissed him back.

  It felt so wrong, and boy did he have terrible morning breath!

When Lance pulled away from the kiss he smiled.

"See, I knew you missed me too."

"Lance, this is wrong. I still love Shawn."

"Forget about him! Last night you kissed me on the cheek. You wouldn't have done that if you still loved him."

"I was confused and sad." I told him, expecting he'd understand.

  "He kissed another girl last night and that was my way of getting back at him."

"He cheated on you?" Lance dropped his hands from my face.

I wasn't afraid for my life anymore, I was afraid for Shawn's.

"It was management that told him to do it and it was just a small kiss." I lied to Lance, as I tried to convince him that it was no big deal.

"Don't you dare run back to him again for the third time. He's going to hurt you! I'm saying this to you because I love you and want only the best for you."

I scoffed at his remark.

"So you consider yourself the best?"

"Better than Shawn, yes! Do you not remember how he left you one day out of the blue? He didn't even tell you goodbye. I'm surprised you two found your way back together! And now he's cheated on you?! Clover, haven't you ever heard, once a cheater always a cheater?"

"He won't." But something inside my head was telling me that Lance was right.

"It's like you're not even listening to a word I'm saying! Do what you like, I can't stop you. Just know that I'll always be waiting for you. I'll wait a million years if that's what it takes! Trust me, we'll be together again."

I stumbled to the side and open the door for Lance to leave. "Go."

"You're making the wrong choice." He huffed out angrily.

Right before he walked out he stopped and kissed my cheek.

"I'll be back."

As he walked away I stood there frozen.

I was trying to decide if that was supposed to be comforting or a threat.

Written by @themuffinbenito
Comment what you think about this!