ShopLifters

"Clov- Claire, I can't believe it! We are shoplifters!" Shawn then said loudly as we flew down an unfamiliar street, but the only thing I noticed was how he almost said my real name Clover.

I didn't say anything, and he probably thought I was mad at him for it.

"Why do you like people calling you Claire?" Shawn asked out of nowhere after a moment, I sighed and shifted in my seat to face him.

"Because when you left- I felt... Kind of like a part of me was taken- that part being my name. I-" I stopped talking and realized how dumb and lovesick I sounded.

"Hey, what is it?" Shawn asked interested.

"It's going to sound cheesy." I told him quietly.

"Come on, it's me, you can tell me anything." He sighed.

"I loved the way you said my name, and when other people called me that, it just brought back too many memories..." I told him sadly, his eyes landed on mine for a second and he smiled.

"I think that's not cheesy at all." He told me.

"Clover." He added, butterflies filled my stomach at the name, it was the first time I had heard it where it actually had a meaning to me, more then just a name.

Suddenly I saw red and blue lights flashing behind us in the review mirror, I started to freak out.

"Shawn!!! What are we supposed to do?" I yelled at him, he slowly let off the gas and we began to merge onto the side of the road.

"Okay, it could be for the shoplifting, or the body. I really don't know if there's any other thing." He said calmly, but his hands were shaking while he spoke.

After we stopped we waited for the officer to come to Shawn's window in silence, after a moment there was a tap that caused both of us to jump.

Shawn rolled the window down and the tall man peered through.

"License and registration please?" He asked, Shawn pulled them out of the glove compartment and handed them over to the officer, he glanced at them and handed them back to Shawn.

   "May I ask why you didn't use your blinker the whole time I've been following you?" The officer asked, I took in a breath of fresh air and instantly relaxed.

   "Oh sorry sir... I've always been bad at that." Shawn told him apologetically, the man nodded and stood up straighter.

  "I'm letting you off with a warning Mr Mendes, goodbye, and please signal." The man said before heading back to his vehicle. 

    I sighed in relief and my eyes wondered to a sign across the road that read "Moose Feeding" my mouth flew open, that was an actual thing?

    "Shawn!" I yelled in excitement, he jumped out of fear, but his eyes landed on the sign I was pointing at, and his eyes lit up as well.

   "Oh, I've always wanted to go there!" He said happily, I leaned over and pecked his cheek.

   "Then let's go!" I told him, he started up the engine and "signaled" us off the road, the cop ended up staying behind us for like half the drive.

     "Moose Feeding, it is!" Shawn said perkily, obviously we both needed it.

Written by Me😂 Get ready for a lot more random!!!