Three Weeks Later

Three weeks later things were still the same between Shawn and I, as I kept worrying about all of the possible things that could happen.

"Shawn's here!" My Mum called from downstairs.

I walked downstairs to see Shawn standing by the door, he looked like a nervous wreck.

"Hey." He said softly.

"Hey."

"Do you mind if we talk outside for a minute." He shoved his hands in his pockets.

"Sure."

I stepped outside with Shawn and we walked over to my porch swing and sat down, but we didn't talk for a minute.

"What's happened to us, Clover?" Shawn asked.

"Nothing, babe." I lifted my hand to his cheek but he turned away.

"I know you worry about Lance, but you shouldn't. I'm here to protect you and I'll do whatever it takes, but you're not the same person you were before."

"I'm still the same person, Shawn."

"No you're not. You used to laugh at my jokes, be playful with me, tell me about your day, but now... Now you're just as hostile as you were when I came back. It's like I'm looking right at you Clover, but I'm talking to Claire."

"Claire isn't a different personality of mine!" I argued.

"Don't tell me that. When you changed your name, so did you."

"Don't talk to me about change, Shawn Mendes. That's who you are, right; in front of a crowd and all of your other celebrity friends? You're a different person then. It's too bad they don't know the real Shawn. Just the plain old Shawn."

"You're saying that I'm not myself around a crowd of people?"

"Hello! You let management control your life! I've had to live with the fact that you and Camila are dating, just for the publicity, for a month. It doesn't bother me at all that you post pictures of you two together with hearts and kissy faces, and if it's one of me you just don't bother putting a caption, so everyone else assumes we're friends! Are we Shawn? Is that all we are?"

"Of course we're friends, but we're more than that and you know it."

"Then why don't you act like it?"

Shawn stood up and so did I, but he easily towered over me.

"I'm so-so... So angry at you!" Shawn said, as he ran his hands through his hair.

"Why's that?!"

"You don't listen!"

"Well you're too busy flapping that mouth of yours, I'm surprised that you even noticed!"

Shawn was at a loss for words.

"Well you-... I just want kiss you!"

"Than do it!" I shouted back.

Shawn grabbed the back of my head and our lips crashed together, but it all ended soon as he pulled away.

"I'm still mad you and you're just taunting me!" Shawn stormed off of my front porch.

"I'm not trying to taunt you! You are the one who is trying to taunt me, kissing me like that! You're so dumb!"

Shawn didn't look back and kept on walking.

"Where do you think you're going?!" I shouted after him.

"Away from you!"

I sat on my front porch steps and cried.

I told myself that when he said that, he wasn't trying to hurt me; but the truth is that it did.

Written by themuffinbenito Draaaaammmmmaaaaa! 😉