Black Ice

As we drove out the gate I noticed that it was left open.

"Hey Shawn, do you think the gate is supposed to be open?" I looked over at him.

"I don't know. The rancher will take care of it." He reached over and held my hand in his.

I pulled away and pointed towards the road.

"Pay attention! It looks like there's fog ahead." I pointed out to him, not wanting to be the cause of an accident.

"The weather has been weird today." He squinted his eyes and then turned on his brights.

The fog surrounded all sides of us.

"What is that?" I pointed straight ahead, though the fog made it hard to see.

"What is what?"

"Right there!"

"There's nothing there Clover!" He argued.

It wasn't even a second before a moose was in front of Shawn's black jeep.

The moose put its head down, it used its antlers to protect itself.

The jeep hit the moose and one of its antlers came flying off.

Shawn swerved to the right and we hit a patch of black ice, making us go off the road.

I let out a scream as the jeep began to roll, everything happened in what feels like slow motion.

Shawn unbuckled and threw himself on top of me, he held me close as the jeep rolled two more times before it came to a stop.

"Clover, are you okay?!" Shawn's breathing was heavy and he unbuckled me.

"My right arm hurts! My elbow!" I winced and took a look at Shawn.

"Shawn, you're bleeding."

Shawn lifted his hand up to his forehead and when he looked down at it, there was blood on his fingertips.

"Don't worry about it. Come on, we should probably get out of here." Shawn reached over and opened the door for me.

"Be careful."

I cautiously got out of his jeep and waited close by for Shawn.

When he finally got out we both stood and stared.

"What now?" I asked, I turned my gaze to Shawn.

"Call our parents?" Shawn suggested.

"Your jeep still looks drivable." I started to feel panic, not wanting my parents to find out we had gotten into an accident.

"I know, but it needs a tow back to the main road. Don't worry, we can call my parents." He tried to ease my uneasy mood, but I still was afraid of the consequences when our parents do find out.

I handed Shawn my phone and he dialed a number and placed the phone to his ear.

"Hey Mum, there's something I need to tell you..." Shawn fidgeted around.

"We hit a moose and rolled my jeep." As expected, I heard Karen raise her voice at him and start crying through the phone.

I snatched the phone from Shawn and put it to my ear.

"Hey Karen, it's Claire."

"Oh honey! Are you alright?! Shawn should have-"

"We're fine! Could you just come pick us up?"

"No, I'm calling an ambulance to get you! I'll have them track your phone, okay?"

I sighed, annoyed with how worried she was.

"Okay."

"You just stay put!" And with that she hung up. I looked around my surroundings and I didn't see Shawn anywhere.

"Shawn? SHAWN? SHAWN!" I called out his name, afraid that something or someone else had gotten to him.

"Up here!" He called from the main road.

"Look what I found! Isn't it cool?" I could barely see Shawn standing on the road with a moose antler in his hand.

Written by themuffinbenito ❤❤❤Shawn is such a dork😂😂😂