LA Here We Come

I quickly followed after Shawn downstairs, but by the time I had entered the living room it was too late.

"LA?" I heard my Mum question, her eyes then landed on me, a question mark apparent across her face.

"Ya, Ed's throwing his birthday party and it's supposed to be amazing." Shawn told her, my Mums eyebrows couldn't get high enough at that point.

"She has school." She said directed over to me.

"Please Mrs. Sinclair? Just think about how good it would be for Clover to see the world and meet new people." Shawn explained, he was starting to sound like he was begging, he was obviously getting desperate.

"Claire, give me one reason why you want to do this." My Mum said out of nowhere, I met her eyes for a quiet moment, I looked over to Shawn.

"Because I'm almost 18 Mum, I know I'm old enough to make responsible decisions on my own." I told her confidently, and she did the last thing I expected her to do.

She smiled.

"I guess, if you're choosing to be responsible, I'm going to trust you." She told me, I couldn't help it but hug her.

I quickly embraced her in a long hug and once I pulled back her face only seemed brighter.

"But Shawn, you have to promise to look out for her." She said, Shawn nodded and placed his hand out in front of him.

"Deal." He stated, my Mum shook his hand firmly and after pulling back she turned around and headed for the kitchen.

"What are your waiting for, go pack a bag! Don't you two have a plane to catch!" She called over her shoulder.

I giggled and turned to face Shawn, he had the widest grin spread across his handsome face.

"LA here we come!" Shawn called, and with that we headed up to my room to pack some of my things together.

Written by Me