Chapter 22: Yimtri

Chapter 22

Yimtri

At dawn the next morning, after getting a decent breakfast, the team made their way to Len's office with their supplies. All of them were wide awake and feeling the rush of excitement. Today they were going to go on a special mission: they were on a retrieval request to the Dusk Mines Fellowship. While Terron was still reluctant to go, Zekra and Syn were quite eager. They rambled on about what the place looked like as they walked, coming up with things such as it having ghosts transport you around or that the entire mine was decorated in precious gems. Their guesses never seemed to cease.

When the team got to the office, they found Éclair in the room rather than Len. The four gave her odd looks. Terron and Zekra hadn't seen her for quite some time, and Syn and Impetus had never really met her before. In fact, the only leaders those two met were Len, Emdox, Jade, Vantis, Ragnor, and Garter.

"Who are you?" Syn asked.

"I'm Éclair," the Ninetales replied. "I'm a member of Team Valor, one of your superiors. I'm the one who's taking Len's usual responsibility due to the fact that he has an errand to run. He should be back in a couple hours, however, if you wish to see him."

"We don't need to see Len specifically. Just one of you leaders," Syn said. "But, I get who you are now. I've just never seen you before. Nice to meet you, Éclair. "

"Thank you," Éclair smiled before she looked at Terron and Zekra. "I see you two have gained more members last time I checked on you two. I'm glad to see your numbers are increasing. Your team is surely growing stronger. Might I know the names of your new members? I haven't bothered to check your records and see for myself."

"Well, I'm Syn," the Snivy said with a smile.

"I see," the Ninetales said. "And what about you, Mienfoo?"

"I'm called Impetus," the Mienfoo answered simply. "At least, that's what I've been called since I came here. Before, I had no name. I was me. No one called me anything."

Éclair wasn't sure what to say. She blinked, thinking of a proper reaction.

"Impetus is a feral," Terron explained. "She sees things differently than other Pokémon, which is why she says odd things."

"I thought her speech reminded me of Jade before she became civil," Éclair remarked. "I see. Well then, I understand. I'm pleased to meet you, Impetus. I apologize for not understanding your explanation."

Impetus slowly nodded.

"Anyway, we came here because we're taking the Dusk Mines mission where we go pick up the evolution stones," Zekra said, trying to get everyone off Impetus's subject. "You guys are supposed to give us some special transportation, right?"

"Yes, we are," Éclair replied. "Give me a moment to retrieve your flight escort. Please wait here."

The Ninetales went out the room and went off wandering somewhere. The four waited patiently, not saying a word. Impetus and Syn looked around at the new room in their curiosity, but they remained rooted to their original spot as they did so.

After some time passed, Éclair finally came back with another Pokémon that the team was quick to recognize.

"Vantis?" Terron asked. "You're going to take us to Dusk Mines? Didn't you just get back from a trip?"

The Flygon flew toward Terron and stopped right in front of him. He hovered a foot off the ground despite not flapping his wings. It was at this moment that Terron saw the Flygon was wearing a red scarf around his neck. It matched the shade of his eye lens. The Cubone wasn't sure if Vantis had been wearing that last night, but he was noticing it now due to how close the Flygon was to him.