Chapter 92: Fight To Die

Chapter 92

Fight To Die

X

The fearsome beast once again shot out of the Primogenitor's bodily lining, but this time it did not shoot itself at Zekra and Nyx. Instead, it landed a few feet in front of them before spinning its entire body around. The plague energy surrounding its short, stubby tail swiftly elongated, transforming it into a long, whip-like appendage with jagged spikes jutting out of it that were now seconds away from crashing into Zekra and Nyx. The two of them hurried out of the way of the oncoming tail, just narrowing avoiding being skewered as they retreated to the opposite wall of where the Primogenitor beast stood.

"THERE IS NOWHERE TO RUN. THIS IS YOUR HOME."

The dragon bounded back into the wall, merging with it in a matter of seconds so that there was not a trace of the monster to be seen. However, Zekra knew that the beast had not abandoned them. Though she could no longer see its insidious and demented form amongst her in the darkness of the Primogenitor's bowels, she could hear it. She could hear its body slinking through the muscles of the dragon, hissing and slithering with wet sloshing noises so similar to the sounds she made when she was slurping up warm and delicious blood from a fresh kill.

And yet, Zekra found she couldn't react to the events unfolding around her. Only minutes ago had she been trying to find Zekrom and Kyurem with Nyx. Only a short time ago had she freed the Darkrai from the Primogenitor's grasp so that they could find a way to truly defeat the beast whose belly they both found themselves in. Now here they were, sealed within a chamber, fighting an amalgamation of the dragons that were their salvation and the very dragon that they feared. Here they were, trapped with no way out as the mesh of creatures prowled about, waiting for the perfect moment to devour the both of them.

It had all happened so quickly that Zekra could barely process it. She still had a difficult time comprehending that she had been eaten by the Primogenitor and that she was roaming about its bowels. Not only that, but so many other things had happened that her mind couldn't quite wrap around either. Terron and Yimtri supposedly being dead after an incident, Impetus unquestionably being dead after being chomped in two by the Primogenitor, Nyx still being alive and sentient despite being absorbed into the Primogenitor for so long... all of these things and more swarmed in her head. Each and every one of these thoughts flooded her mind, making everything happening around her feel so surreal and disconnected.

Without Venri in her mind to snap her out of it, Zekra felt her thoughts swirl aimlessly within her mind like leaves in an autumn breeze.

Zekra, you need to focus.

The Zoroark's mind exited its chaotic state as soon as she heard the familiar voice echo through the walls of her skull. She looked over to find that Nyx was eying the walls as she filled her claws with an ominous, violet power that flickered dangerously.

I know that you have a lot on your mind right now. I know that everything is happening very quickly and that it is taxing for you. I know that you want to mourn for those that have been lost. But I need you to focus. You can mourn and think about what has been happening after all of this is over. I need you to remain in the present. There is a way out of this predicament even though the odds seem against us right now.

How? That thing... it's got Zekrom and Kyurem. You said we need those two if we ever want to beat the Primogenitor.

We need to rip Zekrom and Kyurem out of that monstrosity. It will not be easy, but we can. Then after they are free, they should reawaken and we can all leave this dreadful place together.