Chapter 9

I don't own anything

Frank was currently finishing up cleaning his guns making sure they were ready for his next mission. When he was done he made his way to Cass in the next room to ask her some questions.

Frank: Cass, I need to know who were dealing with. Who is this inside informant you have in the shadows?

Cass: My mother lady shiva is informing of what is going on. She too believes the the shadows have lost their way and it is time for change.

Frank: And what about that bat symbol you have on you? Are you apart of Batman's crew now?

Cass: No I simply thought it was fitting. Just as you see it's fitting to where that skull on your chest.

Frank: Alright then

Frank looks at his watch to see it's nearly time for him to head to school.

Frank: Time for me to leave.

Cass: Yes I agree, we should be leaving if we don't we will be late for school.

Frank: We?

Cass: Yes we? What are you surprise about?

Frank: you don't go to my school.

Cass: Actually, yes I do.

She then hands a paper to frank showing a letter of acceptance.

Frank: Ok, why are you going to my school.

Cass: I thought it would be a learning experience and all since I never got to go to school when I was young because my training I figured now was the opportunity I was looking for.

Frank: Fine, just stick with me and try not to stick out like a sour thumb.

Cass: Oh franklin, I've been trained all my life to act normal in front of large crowds. This will be a cake walk.

Eventually the two make their way to the school frank put up his hood in order to hide the bruises on his face.

Lunch time

Frank was sitting at his table eating his food when Cass appeared.

Cass: I must say this high school experience is very uncomfortable.

Frank: Yeah that's high school in general.

???: Frank is that you?! Where have you been.

Frank turned around to see Megan was behind him.

Frank: Megan, how's it going?

Megan: Good, but hey you haven't answered my question.

Frank: Remember I told you I was heading to Gotham for a bit.

Megan: Oh, hello Megan! I completely forgot.

Cass: Interesting catch phrase.

Frank: Anyways what can I do for you megan?

Megan: Just want to make sure that we're still after school with science.

Frank: Of course, I always keep my word megan.

Megan: ok

Frank: Hey, where your other friends at?

Megan: Well connors is finishing his test and the others are busy talking about the next cheerleading meet.

Frank looked at Cass and was surprised to see that she looked very agitated. If he didn't know any better he would have said that a vein was going to pop out of cass's forehead.

Cass: Interesting, well we must be going to our next class.

Megan:Oh, I'm so sorry! I'm megan Franks school mentor. What is your name.

Cass: Cassandra Caine and I'm Franks girlfriend.

Frank: Wait wha-

Megan: Oh that's so nice! I didn't know he was in a relationship. Frank why didn't you tell me!

Frank: Now hold on a minute-

Cass: We just got together this weekend. We've known each other since childhood and now we want to take the next step.

Megan: That is so romantic! I wish you guys the best of luck! See you at the end of the day frank!

Megan then leaves to tell her friends while frank looks at Cass

Frank: Why did you do that?

Cass: Because I don't trust that woman getting close to you. She doesn't act normal.

Frank: What do you mean, she doesn't act normal?

Cass: Hello Megan? Who in their right mind says something like that, she acts like where in a sitcom.

Frank: And what about that bit about you and me dating?

Cass turned red

Cass: I needed her to see what her reaction would be if theirs was someone else in your life.

Frank: uh huh, yeah that's bullshit. I'll go along now but next time try to keep the jealousy to a minimum.

Cass: I am not jealous!

Frank: Whatever you say Cass.

Cass: I am not!

Frank maybe considered a physcopath but he sure as hell was no idiot. The way Cass was taking about Megan from her looks to her hand gestures explained that she felt challenged by the woman.

Frank: (Sigh) Why are Woman so damn annoying.

After school

Megan: alright I've got a lot of homework so I'm not sure  if we should start in algebra or. Frank Why are you wearing you hood in the library.

Frank: I'm cold

Megan not believing what frank just said flips over his hood revealing a bruised and beaten frank.

Megan: Oh my god! Frank what happened to you!

Frank: You should see the other guy.

Megan:......when did this happen?

Frank: Ah, it was at Gotham. Got unlucky with a few muggers. We fought, they got their shots in I got mine and you looking at the winner.

Something about how frank said that sent a shiver down Megan's back.

Megan: Well.....um it's good to see that your okay frank. Please try to take better care of yourself when your in Gotham, it's very dangerous place.

Frank: Yeah, your telling me anyways let's
get to work.

Frank ended up helping Megan with her homeworker showing her faster ways to solve problems and at the end the two left with Megan thanking frank for his help.

Franks house

Frank opens the door locking it behind him. He looks around to see Cassandra in her bat uniform

Cass: Well Frank, ready to get to work?

Frank: Your god damn right I am.