Chapter 6

I don't own anything

Frank treated the Batman's wounds as Frank wanted to make sure the capes crusader wouldn't die because of him. He also hid the bat from any thugs that where feeling lucky and hid to make sure that robin arrived to come get him.

After robin took the injured bat away frank made his way towards his hotel. He had to go on foot as his van was destroyed by the batmobile.

While frank was in an ally he heard the sound of an arrow being fired and immediately took cover. The arrow hit the trash can as frank parkoured his way to the top of the roof .

Frank then saw the shooter and began to run towards them. Frank weaves through her barrage of arrows dodging them all. Eventually he made his way to the shooter where they tried to use a knife and hit him. However frank caught the knife and threw the person to the ground kicking the knife off the roof.

The person however was not done as they kicked Frank in the face and tried to follow it up. But frank new that this person was inexperienced due to the lack of technique and focus in their fighting style. There fore punisher was able to take them down with ease sweep kicking her down and then he threw her to the wall and then held her in an arm lock.

Frank removed there hood only to find a scared blond girl underneath it. Shocked frank let her go causing the girl to fall down gasping for air.

Girl: (gasp) I (gasp) won't (huff) let you kill her!

She tries to throw another punch at frank but he simply catches it and throws her back to the ground.

Frank: Listen lady I've got no idea who your talking about.

Girl: Liar!

Frank: Listen to me damnit!

Franks shouting surprised the girl enough to finally get her to stop fighting and listen.

Frank: I don't know who you are. I don't know who your mother is. And I'm sure as hell not some assassin.

A moment of silence passes as frank notices she bleeding from the head.

Frank: Hey your bleeding from the head, I know first aid-

Girl: Why are you helping me! no scratch that why do you even care!

Frank: because I'm the reason your bleeding.

Girl: fine, do your first aid thing.

And frank does just that he treats her wounds and make sure she's able to walk.

Frank: Come on, Ill take you home.

Girl: I don't need an escort.

Frank: Yeah well with the amount of thugs out here in Gotham just count me as insurance.

Girl: Fine, do whatever you want.

So Frank escorts the woman to her apartment making sure no harm comes to pass. Once the door opens up frank finds a crippled woman inside the apartment.

Woman: Artemis are you- ARTEMIS!!

The woman rushes towards Artemis in a state of panic.

Woman: Are you okay?! What happened?!! What did you do?! Who did this to you?!

Artemis: Relax mom, I'm okay.

Woman: Artemis who did this too you?!

Frank: That would be me ma'am.

Shocked the woman then grabbed a miniature crossbow from inside the couch and aimed it at frank but Artemis stopped her.

Artemis: Mom stop!

Woman: Why he hurt you!

Artemis: Because I attacked him! I thought he was after you but I was wrong!

The woman then puts down the crossbow and frank sets Artemis down on the couch

Woman: Artemis you could have gotten your self killed! What where you thinking?!

Artemis: I was thinking about protecting our family! What's left of it anyways.

Frank felt sympathy for the two of them. Judging by the apartment size he could tell that  they didn't make too much money. He could also see that the two only had each other since all the photos in the room mainly consisted of the two.

Frank: Who is after you mother Artemis?

Artemis: Listen it's not your problem and it wouldn't be fair for me to unload my problems on a stranger that I nearly killed.

Frank: Water over the bridge now tell me who is coming after your mother?

Woman:(sigh) if you must know it is an old associate of mine. His name is Ronald Regan-

Frank: The Russian assassin KGbeast. I've heard of him, question is why is he after you?

Woman: Because I defeated him once when I was able to walk, back then I was known has huntress.

Frank:........and now this man is out for revenge because you defeated him once before.

Woman: Yes

Frank thinks about the situation for a few moments and then responds.

Frank: Alright I'll help you. Of where dealing with KGbeast then your going to need all the help you can get.

Artemis: Wait your serious?!

Frank: Yeah

Frank then throws Artemis's mother a phone.

Frank: I need you to tell my school I'm going to be sick.

Woman: Your school? Wait are you just a child?!

Frank: Maybe but I'm your best shot at getting out of this alive. Now let's get to work.